GFWC Shorewood Woman's Club's Sixth Annual Wearable Art Show will take over the Shorewood Village Center on Saturday, May 1, from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., with 17 exciting vendors, a number from the north shore.
This scholarship benefit event will feature interesting fashions, jewelry, a silent auction, door prizes, and bake sale with coffee.
Among the exhibitors are Shorewood jewelrymakers Annette Hirsh, Suzie Prendergast, Aggie Ressel and Mary Schall; Suzanne Kohlenberg of Shorewood's Groovy Totes; Whitefish Bay's Margie Edwards Design; Mequon's Connie Johnson, who specializes in jackets and wraps; and Bayside's Deanna Peterson of Bright as Day Designs, whose specialty is embellished handbags.
Other vendors include a fiber and felt artist from Marquette, Michigan; several clothing designers from Mukwonago; an African-inspired artist from Milwaukee who specializes in purses and scarves; and jewelers from Pewaukee, East Troy, Appleton, West Allis, and Chicago.
Members of the Shorewood Woman's Club, which meets the third Tuesday of each month at the Village Center, 3920 N. Murray Ave., are raising money for their scholarships: one for a Shorewood High School senior and two for nontraditional women students at UWM. Chairs of the show are VP Mary Anne Gross, 964-2007, and Chris O'Brien, 228-8199.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dedication of Counsell Field at Cahill Park with a No-hitter May 23
- AMERICORPS DISASTER PREPAREDNESS PROJECT - PRESENTATIONS
- New Catholic Schools Walk to Celebrate Success and Support Tuition Assistance
- Lighting Up the Night
- The Essential PT Barnum
- Fourth Annual Art Crawl
- WFB High School Showcase and Dedication
- STRITCH STUDENTS “OPEN BOX” ON VIETNAM WAR
- Wave Pros Lead Soccer Camp At Harry And Rose Samson Jewish Community Center
- Whitefish Bay Hosts Shopping Night June 16