Many Cashel Dennehy Irish dancers’ dreams really did come true as they competed in the North American Irish Dancing Championships at Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida over the week of July 4th. The school sent 8 Ceili teams and a 16 hand choreography team to the National Championships where they competed against the best teams on the continent and came back with 4 first place medals. The winning teams were: girls under 11, mixed under16, senior ladies and choreography under 16. The mixed team under13 won 2nd place. Cashel Dennehy sent 3 girls under 16 teams. Out of the 52 teams competing, all placed in the top 5, winning 2nd, 3rd, and 5th place.
Soloists who represented the school won the right to compete at Nationals by ranking in the top third of their competitions at Mid America Regionals. These dancers included :Abby Reynolds who placed 3rd, Colette Harling 4th, Bridget Thompson 7th, Alyssa Harling 14th, Raffi Hallerman 16th, Carly Reynolds 17th, Natalie Rondinelli and Bridget MacKenzie 22nd, Brigid Hughes , Gabi Caron-Schuler 32nd, Avery Emerson 36th, Sophie Steigerwald, 38th, Molly Cowen 41st, Allison Wall 46th, Delaney O'Neil 48th, Kathleen Jorgensen 51st,and Maddie Gibson 56th.
Pictured here From Bottom Left to Right: Sarah Wood (Madison, WI); Brigid Hughes (Pewaukee, WI); Sarina McElduff ( Whitefish Bay, WI), Mattie Kantor (Madison, WI)
From Top Left to Right: Abby Monday (Pewaukee, WI); Rachel Johnson (Wauwatosa, WI); Abby Reynolds (Whitefish Bay, WI), Sophie Steigerwald (Elm Grove, WI).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood Library's Annual Summer Celebration
- Sigh up For Classes Today!
- Whitefish Bay Community Band Concert July 23, 2014 7:00pm
- MUSIC AND FACE PAINTING
- Plein Air Painting Competition Announced as Part of Concordia's Lake Moon Festival Aug. 9
- MUSIC & FACE PAINTING AT THE MARKET
- KITCHEN DRIVE FOR VETERANS IN NEED
- Harbor Senior Living Development Construction Begins
- Concordia University Wisconsin Announces Four Musical Acts For Its Lake Moon Festival August 9
- Immediate Need for O Negative Blood Donors