Many Cashel Dennehy Irish dancers’ dreams really did come true as they competed in the North American Irish Dancing Championships at Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida over the week of July 4th. The school sent 8 Ceili teams and a 16 hand choreography team to the National Championships where they competed against the best teams on the continent and came back with 4 first place medals. The winning teams were: girls under 11, mixed under16, senior ladies and choreography under 16. The mixed team under13 won 2nd place. Cashel Dennehy sent 3 girls under 16 teams. Out of the 52 teams competing, all placed in the top 5, winning 2nd, 3rd, and 5th place.
Soloists who represented the school won the right to compete at Nationals by ranking in the top third of their competitions at Mid America Regionals. These dancers included :Abby Reynolds who placed 3rd, Colette Harling 4th, Bridget Thompson 7th, Alyssa Harling 14th, Raffi Hallerman 16th, Carly Reynolds 17th, Natalie Rondinelli and Bridget MacKenzie 22nd, Brigid Hughes , Gabi Caron-Schuler 32nd, Avery Emerson 36th, Sophie Steigerwald, 38th, Molly Cowen 41st, Allison Wall 46th, Delaney O'Neil 48th, Kathleen Jorgensen 51st,and Maddie Gibson 56th.
Pictured here From Bottom Left to Right: Sarah Wood (Madison, WI); Brigid Hughes (Pewaukee, WI); Sarina McElduff ( Whitefish Bay, WI), Mattie Kantor (Madison, WI)
From Top Left to Right: Abby Monday (Pewaukee, WI); Rachel Johnson (Wauwatosa, WI); Abby Reynolds (Whitefish Bay, WI), Sophie Steigerwald (Elm Grove, WI).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Design Tech Remodeling Named NARI 2016 Regional CotY TM Winner
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Seniors Winter Pot Luck
- Appliance Gallery Offers Tips for Laundry Room Maintenance
- Wauwatosa Teen from Princeton University Chosen as Finalist for President Bill Clinton's Contest
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards more than $250,000 to reduce medication errors
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: February schedule
- Chicago Block Clubs and Social Justice Examined in Talk at UWM, Feb. 26
- Author Discusses Book on Milwaukee's School Choice Movement, at UWM on Feb. 23
- Talk on Religion, Ecology and Identity in Southern Africa at UWM Feb. 19