Many Cashel Dennehy Irish dancers’ dreams really did come true as they competed in the North American Irish Dancing Championships at Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida over the week of July 4th. The school sent 8 Ceili teams and a 16 hand choreography team to the National Championships where they competed against the best teams on the continent and came back with 4 first place medals. The winning teams were: girls under 11, mixed under16, senior ladies and choreography under 16. The mixed team under13 won 2nd place. Cashel Dennehy sent 3 girls under 16 teams. Out of the 52 teams competing, all placed in the top 5, winning 2nd, 3rd, and 5th place.
Soloists who represented the school won the right to compete at Nationals by ranking in the top third of their competitions at Mid America Regionals. These dancers included :Abby Reynolds who placed 3rd, Colette Harling 4th, Bridget Thompson 7th, Alyssa Harling 14th, Raffi Hallerman 16th, Carly Reynolds 17th, Natalie Rondinelli and Bridget MacKenzie 22nd, Brigid Hughes , Gabi Caron-Schuler 32nd, Avery Emerson 36th, Sophie Steigerwald, 38th, Molly Cowen 41st, Allison Wall 46th, Delaney O'Neil 48th, Kathleen Jorgensen 51st,and Maddie Gibson 56th.
Pictured here From Bottom Left to Right: Sarah Wood (Madison, WI); Brigid Hughes (Pewaukee, WI); Sarina McElduff ( Whitefish Bay, WI), Mattie Kantor (Madison, WI)
From Top Left to Right: Abby Monday (Pewaukee, WI); Rachel Johnson (Wauwatosa, WI); Abby Reynolds (Whitefish Bay, WI), Sophie Steigerwald (Elm Grove, WI).
- Fine Arts Funomenon
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- St. Monica Sports NIght
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Ranks Bathroom Flooring Options
- Trip to the Brewers/Angels Game
- WFBHS presents: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Emily Hoefler, Whitefish Bay Resident, Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- New Sailor on the Block
- Free Showing of A Walk in the Woods, 1p, Wed, April 27 at Glen Hills Middle School