Red wagons aren't just for carting the kids around any more. This weekend they're for bidding, decorating and tasting in Whitefish Bay.
Regina's Bay Bakery cooked up edible Radio Flyers to support their neighborhood, in honor of this weekend's Red Wagon Days - July 16 & 17. Just don't call them sugar cookies.
"Actually our cookies are a bit different. These cookies in particular are shortbread covered in white chocolate," explains Regina's cookie designer and baker Leslie Davis.
Regina's inspiration for the mouth-watering sweets comes from the 12 Radio Flyers stuffed with goods that are up for auction around the neighborhood. Bidding on the wagons begins at 10 AM tomorrow, July 16 and will close at 3 PM on Saturday, July 17. Red Wagon Days guests are encouraged visit all twelve and bid of their favorite rolling prize After mom and dad peruse the auction, kids are invited to decorate their own wagon at the Art Trooper station located outside of Starbucks, then stop by Regina's to nab a sweet treat before heading home.
Those with questions about Regina's red wagon cookies and Red Wagon Days are encouraged to contact Lisa Liljegren at 414-226-2113.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series
- MCW seeks participants for kidney research
- Shorewood Library Celebrates Seuss this Saturday
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Glendale Seniors' 42nd Anniversary Party Coming Up
- Holocaust Remembrance Service
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Diabetes and oral health in Milwaukee’s Mexican-American community
- Farmers Market and Local Harvest Breakfast Fundraiser to Support Family Farms