Red wagons aren't just for carting the kids around any more. This weekend they're for bidding, decorating and tasting in Whitefish Bay.
Regina's Bay Bakery cooked up edible Radio Flyers to support their neighborhood, in honor of this weekend's Red Wagon Days - July 16 & 17. Just don't call them sugar cookies.
"Actually our cookies are a bit different. These cookies in particular are shortbread covered in white chocolate," explains Regina's cookie designer and baker Leslie Davis.
Regina's inspiration for the mouth-watering sweets comes from the 12 Radio Flyers stuffed with goods that are up for auction around the neighborhood. Bidding on the wagons begins at 10 AM tomorrow, July 16 and will close at 3 PM on Saturday, July 17. Red Wagon Days guests are encouraged visit all twelve and bid of their favorite rolling prize After mom and dad peruse the auction, kids are invited to decorate their own wagon at the Art Trooper station located outside of Starbucks, then stop by Regina's to nab a sweet treat before heading home.
Those with questions about Regina's red wagon cookies and Red Wagon Days are encouraged to contact Lisa Liljegren at 414-226-2113.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Librarian Recounts Adventures in Rwanda, Sept. 25 at UWM
- Athleta Store at Bayshore Town Center Offering Free Classes
- Husband and Wife Team Leverage Decades of Business Experience With Transworld Business Advisors of Milwaukee
- See How Fudge Is Made
- New Integrative Bodywork Practice Launches in Shorewood
- Historic 3D Maps/Models: The AGS Library’s 1893 Palestine Relief Model
- MCW researcher receives 2015 Distinguished Researcher award
- Froedtert & MCW Ranks Among Top 10 US Academic Medical Centers
- Dr. Kiran K. Turaga named Sharon K. Wadina Endowed Professor in Sarcoma Research
- Seniors Oktoberfest Lunch