Red wagons aren't just for carting the kids around any more. This weekend they're for bidding, decorating and tasting in Whitefish Bay.
Regina's Bay Bakery cooked up edible Radio Flyers to support their neighborhood, in honor of this weekend's Red Wagon Days - July 16 & 17. Just don't call them sugar cookies.
"Actually our cookies are a bit different. These cookies in particular are shortbread covered in white chocolate," explains Regina's cookie designer and baker Leslie Davis.
Regina's inspiration for the mouth-watering sweets comes from the 12 Radio Flyers stuffed with goods that are up for auction around the neighborhood. Bidding on the wagons begins at 10 AM tomorrow, July 16 and will close at 3 PM on Saturday, July 17. Red Wagon Days guests are encouraged visit all twelve and bid of their favorite rolling prize After mom and dad peruse the auction, kids are invited to decorate their own wagon at the Art Trooper station located outside of Starbucks, then stop by Regina's to nab a sweet treat before heading home.
Those with questions about Regina's red wagon cookies and Red Wagon Days are encouraged to contact Lisa Liljegren at 414-226-2113.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Department of Defense to fund $5.5 million concussion study
- Mequon United Methodist Church Christmas Cantata - What a Gift
- Girl's Lacrosse Registration Now Open
- Green Bay Packers Youth Football Camps
- MCW alumna named chief health care officer of AAMC
- WFB HS Winter Concert 12/11/14
- City of Glendale to celebrate annual Menorah Lighting Ceremony at Bayshore Town Center
- MCW researcher to develop application to prevent and document atrocities
- Chanukah in the Chocolate Factory!
- MCW researchers find link between sleep deprivation and cell damage