Red wagons aren't just for carting the kids around any more. This weekend they're for bidding, decorating and tasting in Whitefish Bay.
Regina's Bay Bakery cooked up edible Radio Flyers to support their neighborhood, in honor of this weekend's Red Wagon Days - July 16 & 17. Just don't call them sugar cookies.
"Actually our cookies are a bit different. These cookies in particular are shortbread covered in white chocolate," explains Regina's cookie designer and baker Leslie Davis.
Regina's inspiration for the mouth-watering sweets comes from the 12 Radio Flyers stuffed with goods that are up for auction around the neighborhood. Bidding on the wagons begins at 10 AM tomorrow, July 16 and will close at 3 PM on Saturday, July 17. Red Wagon Days guests are encouraged visit all twelve and bid of their favorite rolling prize After mom and dad peruse the auction, kids are invited to decorate their own wagon at the Art Trooper station located outside of Starbucks, then stop by Regina's to nab a sweet treat before heading home.
Those with questions about Regina's red wagon cookies and Red Wagon Days are encouraged to contact Lisa Liljegren at 414-226-2113.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Two Whitefish Bay attorneys named Wisconsin Super Lawyers
- January Pops Choir Concert at the HS returns 1/11 & 1/12
- Whitefish Bay resident to receive Alverno College degree on December 21
- Opus Foundation(R) awards more than $200,000 to Milwaukee-area organizations
- New Program for 2-Year-Old Children to Begin in September 2014 at Community Preschool of Whitefish Bay
- Community Preschool of Whitefish Bay to Host Open House January 11, 2014
- Choir Expresses Joy of Season in Song
- Whitefish Bay Little League Registration is Open
- Advent Festival at North Shore Congregational Church
- Hear Ye, Hear Ye, The Bells are Ringing!