The Shorewood Monarchs faced off against the Milwaukee Storm last Saturday night at Hart Park in Wauwatosa. Both teams came into this contest winless so the intensity on the field was ferocious.
The Storm went on the scoreboard first by recovering a fumble in the end zone and then completing the two point conversion. The Monarchs defense stood tall all night, sacking the Storm's quarterback four times, forcing two fumbles and one interception. While the Monarchs defense played an extremely good game, it seemed to be a coming out party for their offense.
Monarchs quarterback, #8 Thomas Morris, played a solid game all night and got the job done with his arm and feet. The Monarchs scored their first points of the night on a thirty three yard scamper from #17 Rodney Thomas but missed the extra point.
In the second half, the Monarchs defense turned it up a notch and continued to harass Storm ball carriers. After forcing a safety to make the score 8-8, Thomas Morris connected with Giovanni Carney #4 for a 25 yard touchdown pass to take the lead 14-8 late in the 3rd quarter.
The Storm answered back by a long touchdown pass from quarterback Jesus Najera which made the score 16-14. The following kickoff set up the Monarchs final drive and game winning touchdown as kick returner Dennis Morris #20 returned the ball all the way to the Storm's 35 yard line.
With 8:19 left in the 4th qtr, Morris again finds Carney in the back of the end zone to regain the lead and secure the victory as the Monarchs defeat the Storm 20-16.
The next Monarchs home game will be played at Shorewood High School, Saturday, June 19th at 7pm.
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Mequon resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- Milwaukee Rep Seeks New "Tiny Tim" and Other Young Performers for "A Christmas Carol"
- Money Saving Tips for Buying a Lake Home
- Wellness Workshop Offers Medical and Spiritual Tips
- Summer Concert Series at Sinai