The Shorewood Monarchs faced off against the Milwaukee Storm last Saturday night at Hart Park in Wauwatosa. Both teams came into this contest winless so the intensity on the field was ferocious.
The Storm went on the scoreboard first by recovering a fumble in the end zone and then completing the two point conversion. The Monarchs defense stood tall all night, sacking the Storm's quarterback four times, forcing two fumbles and one interception. While the Monarchs defense played an extremely good game, it seemed to be a coming out party for their offense.
Monarchs quarterback, #8 Thomas Morris, played a solid game all night and got the job done with his arm and feet. The Monarchs scored their first points of the night on a thirty three yard scamper from #17 Rodney Thomas but missed the extra point.
In the second half, the Monarchs defense turned it up a notch and continued to harass Storm ball carriers. After forcing a safety to make the score 8-8, Thomas Morris connected with Giovanni Carney #4 for a 25 yard touchdown pass to take the lead 14-8 late in the 3rd quarter.
The Storm answered back by a long touchdown pass from quarterback Jesus Najera which made the score 16-14. The following kickoff set up the Monarchs final drive and game winning touchdown as kick returner Dennis Morris #20 returned the ball all the way to the Storm's 35 yard line.
With 8:19 left in the 4th qtr, Morris again finds Carney in the back of the end zone to regain the lead and secure the victory as the Monarchs defeat the Storm 20-16.
The next Monarchs home game will be played at Shorewood High School, Saturday, June 19th at 7pm.
- Small Appliances Make a Big Impact at Appliance Gallery
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- Whitefish Bay resident earns award from Marquette University
- Concordia University's Handbell Choir To Embark on 30th Annual Spring Tour
- Career and Technical Workshop for Educators to be Held at MATC's Mequon Campus June 14-16
- Free Showing of "The Intern"
- Milwaukee Remodeler SJJanis Featuring Fox Point Addition on the NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes