There's a new show in town! StagePlay! A unique dramatic arts program credited with introducing thousands of youngsters throughout the Greater Washington DC Region to the theatrical experience and the joy of Shakespeare. will now be available this summer at Christ Church Episcopal in Whitefish Bay. Two weeklong afternoon camps are scheduled to run during the month of July.
Where the Wild Things Are camp runs July 12-16 from 1-4pm. Youngsters aged 5-10 will enjoy theatre games, improvisations, creative costume play and imagination exercises as they recreate Maurice Sendak's classic story. The camp includes an artistic element, as everyday recyclables are used to make props, scenery and costumes.
A Midsummer Night's Dream is the focus of the camp running July 19-23 from 1-4pm. Through scene work, and fun Shakespeare themed improvisation activities, youngsters aged 9-13 will gain a full understanding of the plot, characters and language of this classic Shakespeare comedy. Theatre games, creative costumery and Elizabethan revels, add to the mirth and merriment!
Both camps are lead under the direction of new Whitefish Bay resident Heather Sanderson, whose StagePlay students have acted throughout the United Kingdom and were chosen to represent the National Theatre at the Shakespeare in DC festival in 2007. Sanderson, who trained at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts in England, was honored for her work with youngsters, by the British Ambassador and his wife, when she was included among a group of select guests chosen to welcome Queen Elizabeth II and her husband Prince Philip to Washington DC in 2008.
Sanderson looks forward to introducing local youngsters to the StagePlay experience! For more information call 414-763-7128, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.stageplay.TV
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Residents Participate in THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE at Sunset Playhouse
- National "I Forgot Day"
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- Shorewood Summer Concert Series
- The Equitable Bank to Collect Business Attire for Returning Troops
- Milwaukee-Based Rock Band To Reunite At Bastille Days
- MILWAUKEE-BASED ROCK BAND TO REUNITE AT BASTILLE DAYS
- Real Time - First Friday Performance Series at Danceworks
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The State of Senior Health: Where Wisconsin Made Strides, and Where We Need to Improve