Celebrate an early halfway to St. Patrick’s Day with the Celtic rock band, Craic Wisely, at the Irish Cultural and Heritage Center, on Saturday, Sept.12, at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Pre-concert music will be provided by Aislin Aoiffe, a student band from Dominican High School in Whitefish Bay. The band, which will perform from 6:30-7:15 in Quinlin’s Pub, plays a mix of Celtic and Cape Breton session tunes as well as some bluegrass. The students have been performing since the fall of 2008 and traveled to Ireland in June to learn more about Celtic music.
Based in Michigan, the six-members of Craic Wisely will kick off the ICHC Hallmor concert season in exciting style with vocals, fiddles, guitars, bass and drums along with an untraditional Irish rock instrument, the cello. The band lives up to its name: “Craic” is Gaelic for “good time ” and defines the experience of the band’s audiences. Craic Wisely’s original music, along with traditional Irish favorites, is performed with an edge that gives them a unique sound.
According to the Michigan Chronicle, they are “An authentic Celtic group with an unbridled energy.”
This year’s Hallamor series, which is a mix of traditional music and Celtic rock, introduces lower prices with individual concerts varying from $13 to $18 for advance sales. The four-concert package is $55. Tickets for the Craic Wisely show are $13 in advance and $15 the day of the concert. There is no additional cost for the pre-concert music. To order the season package as well as individual tickets online, visit www.ichc.net. Tickets may also be ordered by calling (414) 345-8800.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director
- “Battle of the Bays” Getaway winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Department of Defense to fund $5.5 million concussion study
- Mequon United Methodist Church Christmas Cantata - What a Gift
- Girl's Lacrosse Registration Now Open
- Green Bay Packers Youth Football Camps
- MCW alumna named chief health care officer of AAMC
- WFB HS Winter Concert 12/11/14
- City of Glendale to celebrate annual Menorah Lighting Ceremony at Bayshore Town Center
- MCW researcher to develop application to prevent and document atrocities