We have a son that graduated last year from Cedarburg High School. We found out that he was addicted to opiates. We sent him to detox and then an outpatient treatment center. He was in two different programs before we sent him to an inpatient program. When he graduated from that program, we sent him to Prescott, AZ to an extended care facility for extra help. The longer an addict is in treatment, the better his chances for recovery are. At this point he is doing very well. My husband and I were told that we should get into some kind of recovery group to help ourselves. We tried different groups and never felt completely comfortable. We finally tried a Families Anonymous group that meets in Madison and loved it. It was other parents just like us that get together and share information, experiences, etc...We decided to start a FA Group in Mequon. This meeting will start on April 30th, weekly at 7:00p.m. We will meet at Crossroads Presbyterian Church in the library. If you would like more information please call 262-227-6655 or look on Families Anonymous website. Thank you!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Librarian Recounts Adventures in Rwanda, Sept. 25 at UWM
- Athleta Store at Bayshore Town Center Offering Free Classes
- Husband and Wife Team Leverage Decades of Business Experience With Transworld Business Advisors of Milwaukee
- See How Fudge Is Made
- New Integrative Bodywork Practice Launches in Shorewood
- Historic 3D Maps/Models: The AGS Library’s 1893 Palestine Relief Model
- MCW researcher receives 2015 Distinguished Researcher award
- Froedtert & MCW Ranks Among Top 10 US Academic Medical Centers
- Dr. Kiran K. Turaga named Sharon K. Wadina Endowed Professor in Sarcoma Research
- Seniors Oktoberfest Lunch