On Saturday April 18th, 2009, the School of Oom Yung Doe Traditional Martial Arts will offer Tai Chi lessons to the public. The lessons are open to anyone interested for a donation to benefit the Milwaukee Women's Center and their fight against domestic abuse.
For a monetary or "Wish List" donation, attendees will learn Tai Chi movements and Qi Gong breathing techniques. These movements are world renowned for helping to increase energy, relieve stress, and create peace of mind. "Movements are slow and with no impact so anyone of any age, in any condition can practice and see benefits." says Oom Yung Doe Instructor Mark Winter. The lessons are appoximately 45 minutes long, and will start each hour from 10am to 1pm.
One hundred percent of the donations will go to help support the Milwaukee Women's Center whose mission is to prevent domestic violence and promote domestic respect. For other ways to donate, volunteer or see the full "Wish List" of items needed, visit their website at www.mwcinc.org.
Individual and group advance registration is recommended. Stop in or call the School of Oom Yung Doe in Whitefish Bay at 308 E. Silver Spring Drive, 414-962-4144. Or stop in on April 18th between 10am and 1pm to sign up.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Summer Reading at the Whitefish Bay Public Library
- ChristPond Retreat Center Annual Pancake Breakfast is June 30, 2013
- Make Father’s Day Smoke-Free (An Uphill Battle)
- Mequon Mother and Daughter Duo to Appear in One Act Play Festival
- Village of Shorewood Seeks Artists for Plein Air Art Festival
- The Equitable Bank Collects Nearly 1,000 Clothing Items for Local Veterans
- Three Whitefish Bay residents announced as Chambers USA leading lawyers
- Tour le Jardin Garden Walk - Tickets are Here!
- Milwaukee Mechanic Builds a Booming International Bounce-House Business
- Grassroots Northshore Forum