Despite amassing 337 yards on the ground the young and inexperienced Dominican Knights could not overcome the option attack of Brookfield Academy. Midway through the second quarter Dominican led 22-13, behind the runs of 75 yards, 50 yards and an 80 yard kickoff return by Peter Nieman.
Brookfield Academy however responded with three straight scores take a 35 to 22 halftime lead. The rally was led by the running and passing of senior quarterback Spencer Davis.
In the third quarter Dominican into Brookfield academy’s lead with a one yard touchdown run by sophomore quarterback Jake Bennett who ran for 110 yards and also led the Knights in tackling.
After giving up two more scores to Brookfield Academy Peter Nieman responded with a 39 yard touchdown run. Nieman finished with 207 yards rushing and three hundred total all purpose yards.
Dominican’s next game is against the Hope school which has a record of 1-0.The game will be played Friday at 7.00 PM at Wisconsin Lutheran College.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Investigators to study link between brain injury and addiction
- North Shore Bank Hosts Free Community Shredding Day on May 2
- LearningRx in Brookfield Donates to Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin
- North Shore Congregational Church to Host Church-Wide Rummage Sale
- Seniors Trip to Brewers-Dodgers Game
- Meijer Announces Job Openings for Grafton and Kenosha Supercenters
- MCW-Central Wisconsin receives accreditation approvals
- Industry Expert: Prevent Fires. Clean Dryer Vents.
- MCW-Green Bay hosts “Second Look Day” for incoming students
- Concordia University Announces New Dean for its School of Business Administration