Despite amassing 337 yards on the ground the young and inexperienced Dominican Knights could not overcome the option attack of Brookfield Academy. Midway through the second quarter Dominican led 22-13, behind the runs of 75 yards, 50 yards and an 80 yard kickoff return by Peter Nieman.
Brookfield Academy however responded with three straight scores take a 35 to 22 halftime lead. The rally was led by the running and passing of senior quarterback Spencer Davis.
In the third quarter Dominican into Brookfield academy’s lead with a one yard touchdown run by sophomore quarterback Jake Bennett who ran for 110 yards and also led the Knights in tackling.
After giving up two more scores to Brookfield Academy Peter Nieman responded with a 39 yard touchdown run. Nieman finished with 207 yards rushing and three hundred total all purpose yards.
Dominican’s next game is against the Hope school which has a record of 1-0.The game will be played Friday at 7.00 PM at Wisconsin Lutheran College.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Librarian Recounts Adventures in Rwanda, Sept. 25 at UWM
- Athleta Store at Bayshore Town Center Offering Free Classes
- Husband and Wife Team Leverage Decades of Business Experience With Transworld Business Advisors of Milwaukee
- See How Fudge Is Made
- New Integrative Bodywork Practice Launches in Shorewood
- Historic 3D Maps/Models: The AGS Library’s 1893 Palestine Relief Model
- MCW researcher receives 2015 Distinguished Researcher award
- Froedtert & MCW Ranks Among Top 10 US Academic Medical Centers
- Dr. Kiran K. Turaga named Sharon K. Wadina Endowed Professor in Sarcoma Research
- Seniors Oktoberfest Lunch