Despite amassing 337 yards on the ground the young and inexperienced Dominican Knights could not overcome the option attack of Brookfield Academy. Midway through the second quarter Dominican led 22-13, behind the runs of 75 yards, 50 yards and an 80 yard kickoff return by Peter Nieman.
Brookfield Academy however responded with three straight scores take a 35 to 22 halftime lead. The rally was led by the running and passing of senior quarterback Spencer Davis.
In the third quarter Dominican into Brookfield academy’s lead with a one yard touchdown run by sophomore quarterback Jake Bennett who ran for 110 yards and also led the Knights in tackling.
After giving up two more scores to Brookfield Academy Peter Nieman responded with a 39 yard touchdown run. Nieman finished with 207 yards rushing and three hundred total all purpose yards.
Dominican’s next game is against the Hope school which has a record of 1-0.The game will be played Friday at 7.00 PM at Wisconsin Lutheran College.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Capuchin Friar Visits Catholic East for Vocation Day
- New Products Now Available at Appliance Gallery