Despite amassing 337 yards on the ground the young and inexperienced Dominican Knights could not overcome the option attack of Brookfield Academy. Midway through the second quarter Dominican led 22-13, behind the runs of 75 yards, 50 yards and an 80 yard kickoff return by Peter Nieman.
Brookfield Academy however responded with three straight scores take a 35 to 22 halftime lead. The rally was led by the running and passing of senior quarterback Spencer Davis.
In the third quarter Dominican into Brookfield academy’s lead with a one yard touchdown run by sophomore quarterback Jake Bennett who ran for 110 yards and also led the Knights in tackling.
After giving up two more scores to Brookfield Academy Peter Nieman responded with a 39 yard touchdown run. Nieman finished with 207 yards rushing and three hundred total all purpose yards.
Dominican’s next game is against the Hope school which has a record of 1-0.The game will be played Friday at 7.00 PM at Wisconsin Lutheran College.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Real Time - First Friday Performance Series at Danceworks
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The State of Senior Health: Where Wisconsin Made Strides, and Where We Need to Improve
- Newcastle Place to sponsor Kids & Seniors Day at Lakeshore Chinooks game
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Celtic Expands Creative Department
- 25 Reasons Why Cotter Consulting Loves Milwaukee
- Imagine More Dinner to raise funds, awareness for neuroscience research
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Earns National Award