Concordia University recently released the route for the 5k Race on Aug. 9 as part of its inaugural Lake Moon Festival.
The competitive race will take runners around the grounds of CUW's beautiful campus and bluff overlooking Lake Michigan, finishing with a scenic ascent up the bluff.
“This evening race will loop through our 200 acre campus, before taking runners along the beachfront,” said the Festival’s Spokeswoman Gretchen Jameson. “You are guaranteed to feel like a true fitness champ as you finish the 5k with a climb up Concordia’s beautifully restored bluff.”
The race is scheduled to begin at 6:00 p.m., with prizes awarded to the top finishers by age category. All runners will receive a performance t-shirt to commemorate the race along with a goodie bag compliments of local companies.
“The setting is beautiful and the course has a little bit of everything from a run along Lake Michigan, to a loop inside Kapco Park (CUW’s baseball field), to a lap around the perimeter of the campus,” said CUW Cross Country and Track and Field coach Russ De Lap. “Concordia University is a place where everyone can feel comfortable and navigate this course without any problems. Runners will enjoy a well-kept secret.”
Advance registration for the race is $20 which includes the t-shirt and goodie bag. Race day registration is $25 and t-shirts and goodie bags will be included as supplies last. To find out more about the 5k, see a video of the route, and register for the race, visit http://www.lakemoonfestival.com/5k-race.html.
The Lake Moon Festival is a free event for the public including, food, music, bluff tours, kite building and flying, a Plein Air art competition, and a boat parade. For more information on the festival, visit http://www.lakemoonfestival.com/.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City of Glendale to celebrate Bayshore Town Center Menorah Lighting Ceremony
- Inspired by a Home Improvement Show? Do Your Homework.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: December schedule
- Elements Massage™ Collecting Toys for the Annual Marine Toys for Tots Campaign
- FREE Kids Menorah Building Workshop at Home Depot
- Celebrate Chanukah Night at the Bucks
- MCW, Dr. Doug Evans and Elizabeth Krzywda, win BizTimes 2015 Health Care Hero Awards
- Christmas at the Horse
- Cecilia J. Hillard, PhD, Named Associate Dean for Research at MCW
- Diversified Insurance Solutions Awards SPARK Grant to Life's Connection