Concordia University recently released the route for the 5k Race on Aug. 9 as part of its inaugural Lake Moon Festival.
The competitive race will take runners around the grounds of CUW's beautiful campus and bluff overlooking Lake Michigan, finishing with a scenic ascent up the bluff.
“This evening race will loop through our 200 acre campus, before taking runners along the beachfront,” said the Festival’s Spokeswoman Gretchen Jameson. “You are guaranteed to feel like a true fitness champ as you finish the 5k with a climb up Concordia’s beautifully restored bluff.”
The race is scheduled to begin at 6:00 p.m., with prizes awarded to the top finishers by age category. All runners will receive a performance t-shirt to commemorate the race along with a goodie bag compliments of local companies.
“The setting is beautiful and the course has a little bit of everything from a run along Lake Michigan, to a loop inside Kapco Park (CUW’s baseball field), to a lap around the perimeter of the campus,” said CUW Cross Country and Track and Field coach Russ De Lap. “Concordia University is a place where everyone can feel comfortable and navigate this course without any problems. Runners will enjoy a well-kept secret.”
Advance registration for the race is $20 which includes the t-shirt and goodie bag. Race day registration is $25 and t-shirts and goodie bags will be included as supplies last. To find out more about the 5k, see a video of the route, and register for the race, visit http://www.lakemoonfestival.com/5k-race.html.
The Lake Moon Festival is a free event for the public including, food, music, bluff tours, kite building and flying, a Plein Air art competition, and a boat parade. For more information on the festival, visit http://www.lakemoonfestival.com/.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Katie Wilson, Mequon Resident and Homestead Senior to represent the USA in the 2015 FIS Junior World Snowboard Championships in China
- Concordia University Hosts 'Career Night' at its Five Milwaukee Area Centers on March 19 at 6 p.m.
- Injury and cell damage in alcohol liver disease
- Lecture on Increase Lapham, Mapmaker at UWM
- Milwaukee/NARI Discusses Radon – What You Should Know
- Dragonfly Meditation Studio Opens in Mequon
- Elite Sports Clubs Glendale Offers Free ‘Yoga/Meditation for Sleep’ Class in March
- Local Resident Stars in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series
- MCW seeks participants for kidney research