The Kids From Wisconsin - the state’s Musical Ambassadors of Goodwill - are ready for their 46th show sea-son, and there’s a little “hometown flavor” in it as Jared Bedgood and Bridget Cushman of Milwaukee are part of our talented troupe.
Jarred can not be more excited to be spending his second summer with the KIDS. This fall he will be a sophomore at Pace University. In the past he has been a part of productions such as "Once on This Island", "Hairspray", and "The Phantom of the Opera" and has received two Exemplary Soloist Awards at State Solo and Ensemble. Jarred has very high hopes for this summer and can't wait for everyone to see the show.
Bridget is a 2014 graduate of Homestead High School and will be attending Columbia College in Chicago next fall, studying Vocal Performance. She is a member of the National Honors Society and earned an Exemplary Award at State Solo and Ensemble. She was a part of Homestead High School’s Treble Choir and has performed within a number of productions such as CAROUSEL (Nettie) and a gender role reversed version of ROMEO AND JULIET (Capulet). Bridget is thrilled to be able to follow in her sister, Krista’s, footsteps, a 5-year KIDS member herself, and would like to thank her family and friends for their incredible love and support.
About the Kids From Wisconsin:
Kids from Wisconsin has been delighting audiences throughout Wisconsin and across the country since 1969, including the highlighted annual performance at The Wisconsin State Fair. From the diversity of vocal talent and outstanding instrumentals to the stunning choreography and costumes, the KIDS continue to wow audiences. The high-energy, exciting performances feature 20 singers/dancers along with a 13 piece show band, This year’s troupe (15-20 years old) comes from 30 different Wisconsin communities.
The troupe generally performs over 60 shows during the months of June, July and August to nearly 150,000 people over each season. Performances have included county fairs, community theaters, high school auditori-ums, performing arts venues and conventions throughout the state. The KIDS shows have helped raise thou-sands of dollars for worthy charitable organizations.
To see the complete 2014 troupe roster and tour schedule please go to www.kidsfromwisconsin.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Four Whitefish Bay Homes on the 16th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- A new use for older drugs to target the spread of breast cancer
- Registration for Summer Classes Now Open
- Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes Announces 2015 Sponsors
- FREE Health Screening to Detect a “Silent Killer”
- Danceworks Student Showcase: A Whimsical Waltz in Wonderland
- Danceworks Mad Hot Ballroom and Tap Competition
- UWM, MATC and MPS Leaders To Speak On Collaborative Efforts Between Milwaukee Public Education Institutions on May 13 at UWM
- Sculptor of "Topos" at new MPL East Library to Talk at UWM May 3
- 65 Incorporated Simplifies Medicare Enrollment Decisions with New Software