What : Archery competition, Olympic style, (FITA)
When: Sunday, June 8, 2014
What time:1-3 (registration at noon)
Where: The archery field across from the Kletzsch Park Pavilion,
6560 N. Milwaukee River Parkway, Glendale, WI 53217
Who: Inna Lebedinsky-International Master of Sport in Archery & instructor for the Nicolet and Whitefish bay (WFB) Recreation Departments will organize and lead the competition.
Taylor Cacopardo, National Champion, 2014 will participate in out tournament and shoot Olympic distances. He started at Nicolet rec. department when he was 11 years old. Today, 14 y/o of WFB middle school, won several National tournaments.
There will be three categories for the re-curved bow:
1. Cubs, ages 6-10 ( a parent and /or guardian must accompany the child)
2. Pre-teen-- 11-17
3. Adults – 18-and up.
Distances: 10 meters -6 rounds x 1 arrow.
20 yards, also 30 & 50 meters- 12 rounds x 3 arrows.
For better score bring your own equipment (if you have it). If you don’t, I will provide you with.
(first come base).
Compound bows – 1. Children and 2. Adults (if there are at least 4 people in each group)
(10 meters for novice archers and cubs).
(20 yards, also 30 & 50 meters (if enough archers) for pre-teens /adults
Medals will be for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each age group, and for each distance.
Wear white shirt, pants/skirts-- Olympic style.
For people who like to try to shoot arrows for the first time – there will be an introductory mini-lesson, including safety rules. The cost will be $2 per arrow with a minimum of three arrows. (if you lose /brake an arrow, you have to replace it @ $4.00 each arrow).
Entry fee for the competition will be: $13 for each distance.
Early birds registration (before June 3):$11 for one distance, $20 for two distances.
We’ll have limited registration on the day of the event, at noon.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Stritch Community Orchestra seeks additional musicians
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Appliance Gallery Offers Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Dishwasher
- MacKinnon named founding dean of MCW school of pharmacy
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- MCW researcher wins Imagine More Award for neuroscience research
- MCW launches Master’s in Medical Physiology Program
- Get Your Kitchen Back to School Ready With Tips From Wisconsin Kitchen Mart
- #1 Star Wars Artist Appearing at WFB Mathnasium Saturday
- Vicar General Fr. Timothy Kitzke To Lead Downtown Eucharistic Rosary Procession With Roses for Our Lady