What : Archery competition, Olympic style, (FITA)
When: Sunday, June 8, 2014
What time:1-3 (registration at noon)
Where: The archery field across from the Kletzsch Park Pavilion,
6560 N. Milwaukee River Parkway, Glendale, WI 53217
Who: Inna Lebedinsky-International Master of Sport in Archery & instructor for the Nicolet and Whitefish bay (WFB) Recreation Departments will organize and lead the competition.
Taylor Cacopardo, National Champion, 2014 will participate in out tournament and shoot Olympic distances. He started at Nicolet rec. department when he was 11 years old. Today, 14 y/o of WFB middle school, won several National tournaments.
There will be three categories for the re-curved bow:
1. Cubs, ages 6-10 ( a parent and /or guardian must accompany the child)
2. Pre-teen-- 11-17
3. Adults – 18-and up.
Distances: 10 meters -6 rounds x 1 arrow.
20 yards, also 30 & 50 meters- 12 rounds x 3 arrows.
For better score bring your own equipment (if you have it). If you don’t, I will provide you with.
(first come base).
Compound bows – 1. Children and 2. Adults (if there are at least 4 people in each group)
(10 meters for novice archers and cubs).
(20 yards, also 30 & 50 meters (if enough archers) for pre-teens /adults
Medals will be for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each age group, and for each distance.
Wear white shirt, pants/skirts-- Olympic style.
For people who like to try to shoot arrows for the first time – there will be an introductory mini-lesson, including safety rules. The cost will be $2 per arrow with a minimum of three arrows. (if you lose /brake an arrow, you have to replace it @ $4.00 each arrow).
Entry fee for the competition will be: $13 for each distance.
Early birds registration (before June 3):$11 for one distance, $20 for two distances.
We’ll have limited registration on the day of the event, at noon.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Transition Resource Fair ---May 7th
- Stritch Theater presents "Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up?"
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- We're Going Green for Shabbat!
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Investigators to study link between brain injury and addiction
- North Shore Bank Hosts Free Community Shredding Day on May 2
- LearningRx in Brookfield Donates to Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin
- North Shore Congregational Church to Host Church-Wide Rummage Sale
- Seniors Trip to Brewers-Dodgers Game