AMERICORPS FIELD DISASTER PREPAREDNESS COORDINATORS WOULD LIKE TO INVITE EVERYONE TO A SHORT ONE HOUR PRESENTATION ON CITIZEN DISASTER PREPAREDNESS AND LOCAL VOLUNTEERING TO HELP WITH FAMILY DISASTER PREPAREDNESS AND PROVIDE RESOURCE INFORMATION ON VOLUNTEERING FOR LOCAL DISASTER RELIEF ORGANIZATIONS IN SOUTHEASTERN WISCONSIN.
THE PRESENTATIONS ARE FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AND ARE BEING GIVEN AT LOCAL PUBLIC LIBRARIES AND COMMUNITY CENTERS THROUGHOUT MILWAUKEE COUNTY IN MAY AND JUNE OF 2014.
THE PRESENTATIONS ALL START AT 6:00 PM. SEATING IS LIMITED AT SOME LOCATIONS.
PRESENTATIONS ARE BEING GIVEN ON THE FOLLOWING DATES/LOCATIONS:
MAY 7, 2014 BROWN DEER LIBRARY
MAY 12, 2014 WEST ALLIS LIBRARY
MAY 13, 2014 NORTH SHORE LIBRARY
MAY 15, 2014 WHITEFISH BAY LIBRARY
MAY 20, 2014 CUDAHY LIBRARY
MAY 21, 2014 FRANKLIN LIBRARY
MAY 27, 2014 SHOREWOOD VILLAGE CENTER
MAY 28, 2014 OAK CREEK LIBRARY
JUNE 3, 2014 WASHINGTON PARK LIBRARY
JUNE 4, 2014 WAUWATOSA LIBRARY
JUNE 9, 2014 VILLARD SQUARE LIBRARY
JUNE 10, 2014 MARTIN LUTHER KING LIBRARY
JUNE 16, 2014 ATKINSON LIBRARY
JUNE 17, 2014 FOREST HOME LIBRARY
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR NEED FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT AMERICORPS FIELD DISASTER PREPAREDNESS COORDINATOR GEORGE KING AT 414-530-1416 OR LEAVE A MESSAGE AT 414-371-2918.
PRESENTATIONS SPONSORED BY: AMERICORPS – MILWAUKEE COUNTY
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Four Whitefish Bay Homes on the 16th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- A new use for older drugs to target the spread of breast cancer
- Registration for Summer Classes Now Open
- Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes Announces 2015 Sponsors
- FREE Health Screening to Detect a “Silent Killer”
- Danceworks Student Showcase: A Whimsical Waltz in Wonderland
- Danceworks Mad Hot Ballroom and Tap Competition
- UWM, MATC and MPS Leaders To Speak On Collaborative Efforts Between Milwaukee Public Education Institutions on May 13 at UWM
- Sculptor of "Topos" at new MPL East Library to Talk at UWM May 3
- 65 Incorporated Simplifies Medicare Enrollment Decisions with New Software