Local actress Jessica Macha portrays Rebeka Nurses, a 71-year-old nearly-deaf woman accused in 1692 of being a witch in Salem, Massachusetts. Even though innocent, a person facing this charge was almost always put to death.
This free presentation begins at 1:30 p.m., Wednesday, October 9 in the clubroom of the Glendale Senior Citizen's Club on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale. Refreshments will follow. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. For further information, call (414) 540-2100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Rookie Cigar Smoker: Here’s How NOT to Look Like One
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Storage Ideas for the Kitchen
- Concordia University to host community thought leaders series
- Phoenix weekly: Despite injury, Luke has no regrets
- Design Tech Remodeling Named NARI 2016 Regional CotY TM Winner
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Seniors Winter Pot Luck
- Appliance Gallery Offers Tips for Laundry Room Maintenance
- Wauwatosa Teen from Princeton University Chosen as Finalist for President Bill Clinton's Contest
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards more than $250,000 to reduce medication errors