The Shorewood Senior Resource Center (SSRC) is planning a trip to the Wisconsin Museum of Quilts and Fiber Arts in Cedarburg followed by lunch at Galioto’s Twelve 21 and a scenic route back along country roads featuring a stop for apples. Docents will guide participants through the featured exhibit, “Wisconsin State of the Art,” a display of the winning submissions from a juried show for Wisconsin fiber artists. The museum is fully accessible and is located on a former 1800s farm, where participants will also see the blacksmithing shop and lambing shed.
Lunch offers a choice of beef tenderloin tips or grilled shrimp. Luncheon choice must be made on the registration form.
The trip will take place Wednesday, October 2. The bus will leave the SSRC, located on the lower level of the Shorewood Library, at 9:15 a.m. and return at approximately 3:30 p.m. The cost for Shorewood residents is $46 and the nonresident price is $49. This includes deluxe motor coach transportation, the tour, lunch, and bus driver gratuity.
Payment must be made with the registration form, which is available at the SSRC office or by e-mailing Elizabeth Price, SSRC Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. She may also be reached at (414)847-2727. The deadline for registration is Wednesday, September 25, 2013.
Contact Person: Elizabeth Price,
Coordinator, Shorewood Senior Resource Center
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Parkinson’s gene linked to lung cancer
- Hiring Begins for Rogers Memorial Hospital–Brown Deer
- “Grillologists,” Lambeau Leap Inventor, and Local Experts on Food to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- Milwaukee German Immersion School Students become JA BizTown Citizens
- Open your home to a life-changing, cultural experience
- From Hollywood to Holy Wood!
- Can social networks improve rates of treatment for HIV?
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Spring Fling Family Dance Workshop