Boerner Botanical Gardens, 9400 Boerner Drive in Hales Corners, will host the 43rd Annual Bonsai Exhibit presented by members of the Milwaukee Bonsai Society on September 20-22. This three-day event will include trees in training, expert demonstrations, award-winning Bonsai trees, vendors, raffles and beginner and artist workshops.
Admission to the exhibit, vendor areas and demonstration is free to the public. The Milwaukee Bonsai Society is extremely fortunate to welcome Kathy Shaner to judge the exhibit and lead workshops. Shaner is the first non-Japanese citizen to be honored with the title of Bonsai Master. (For more details go to milwaukeebonsai.org/ae)
Friday Sept. 20 - Reception & Critique 6-9pm
Sat. Sept. 21 10am – 5pm
Sat. Sept. 21 - Demonstration 1-5pm
Sat. & Sun.- Exhibit 10am-5pm
Visitors are welcome at Boerner Botanical Gardens until sundown daily, with doors opening at 8am. Admission rates to the gardens are $5 for adults and $3 for children ages 6-17 with children 5 and under free. Six outdoor wedding sites are available to rent for ceremonies and receptions are available in the visitors center.
The Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens also offer memberships that provide unlimited admissions to the gardens annually, discounts on classes, reciprocal admission to over 150 gardens, and other benefits. For more information go boernerbotanicalgardens.org or call Boerner Botanical Gardens at (414) 525-5601.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Transition Resource Fair ---May 7th
- Stritch Theater presents "Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up?"
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- We're Going Green for Shabbat!
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Investigators to study link between brain injury and addiction
- North Shore Bank Hosts Free Community Shredding Day on May 2
- LearningRx in Brookfield Donates to Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin
- Life Celebration Dr. Anna Maria Williams
- North Shore Congregational Church to Host Church-Wide Rummage Sale