Boerner Botanical Gardens, 9400 Boerner Drive in Hales Corners, will host the 43rd Annual Bonsai Exhibit presented by members of the Milwaukee Bonsai Society on September 20-22. This three-day event will include trees in training, expert demonstrations, award-winning Bonsai trees, vendors, raffles and beginner and artist workshops.
Admission to the exhibit, vendor areas and demonstration is free to the public. The Milwaukee Bonsai Society is extremely fortunate to welcome Kathy Shaner to judge the exhibit and lead workshops. Shaner is the first non-Japanese citizen to be honored with the title of Bonsai Master. (For more details go to milwaukeebonsai.org/ae)
Friday Sept. 20 - Reception & Critique 6-9pm
Sat. Sept. 21 10am – 5pm
Sat. Sept. 21 - Demonstration 1-5pm
Sat. & Sun.- Exhibit 10am-5pm
Visitors are welcome at Boerner Botanical Gardens until sundown daily, with doors opening at 8am. Admission rates to the gardens are $5 for adults and $3 for children ages 6-17 with children 5 and under free. Six outdoor wedding sites are available to rent for ceremonies and receptions are available in the visitors center.
The Friends of Boerner Botanical Gardens also offer memberships that provide unlimited admissions to the gardens annually, discounts on classes, reciprocal admission to over 150 gardens, and other benefits. For more information go boernerbotanicalgardens.org or call Boerner Botanical Gardens at (414) 525-5601.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Parkinson’s gene linked to lung cancer
- Hiring Begins for Rogers Memorial Hospital–Brown Deer
- “Grillologists,” Lambeau Leap Inventor, and Local Experts on Food to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- Milwaukee German Immersion School Students become JA BizTown Citizens
- Open your home to a life-changing, cultural experience
- From Hollywood to Holy Wood!
- Can social networks improve rates of treatment for HIV?
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Spring Fling Family Dance Workshop