Five Whitefish Bay-area high school graduates – Thomas Bihler, Lazura Krasteva, Stella Mayerhoff, Erin Oldson, and Brandon Orser – are recipients of college scholarships from Northwestern Mutual, through its Foundation.
The mutual company has awarded 56 scholarships to southeastern Wisconsin high school graduates, who are children of Northwestern Mutual employees and retirees. The scholarship winners were chosen based on a number of criteria, including class rank, GPA, SAT/ACT scores, extracurricular involvement and employment history.
“Thomas, Lazura, Stella, Erin and Brandon have demonstrated consistently strong leadership in both the classroom and the community,” said John Kordsmeier, president, Northwestern Mutual Foundation. “The financial support from the company is not only an investment in each recipient’s future, but it’s also an investment in our future community leaders.”
Since 1994, Northwestern Mutual, through its Foundation, has invested in the community with upwards of $6.1 million in scholarships to 742 high school graduates, all family sons or daughters of Northwestern Mutual employees and retirees. Students must enroll for full-time study at an accredited college, university or vocational/technical school. They are eligible to renew the scholarship for the remainder of their college career.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How to Avoid Your Own Personal Financial Crisis
- Shorewood Allstate Agent Offers Spring Safety Advice
- :Brass at Night" concert by Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Red Phase Screech Owl Sighting at SANC!
- Stano Landscaping, Inc. wins gold award
- Seniors Anniversary Party
- 15th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes Scheduled
- Kids From Wisconsin Join Music in the Glen
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces Availability Of 2014 Membership Directory
- Summer Ballet Auditions at the Academy of Classical Ballet