Whitefish Bay Little League is very excited to announce that it has chartered the first Challenger Division for WFBLL this season. The Challenger Division was established in 1989 as a separate division of Little League to enable boys and girls with physical and mental challenges, to enjoy the game of baseball along with the millions of other children who participate in this sport worldwide. Now every child in Whitefish Bay will have the opportunity to participate in youth baseball as an official player in the Little League International organization. You can learn more about the program at this link:
WFB Challenger players will have an opportunity to play against kids from Elmbrook, Menomonee Falls, Grafton and Germantown. Practices will begin in May and games will run for approximately 5 weeks in late May and June. The WFB team will host games at Craig Counsell Park and travel to the other leagues for away games. Each player will also have a "buddy" to help with their positioning and development.
Little League is currently recruiting the inaugural team and crew of buddies. Kids that are ages 4-18, or up to 22 if still enrolled in high school, are eligible to play. Volunteers that are in seventh grade or above can participate as buddies.
The goal is to give Challenger players as close to the same experience as the kids playing in our Pee Wee, Minor, Major and Junior divisions.
Please encourage families of future players and buddies to email their interest to Anne O'Connor or Josh Levy. Their emails are on the League website:
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elite Sports Clubs Glendale Offers Free ‘Yoga/Meditation for Sleep’ Class in March
- Local Resident Stars in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series
- MCW seeks participants for kidney research
- Shorewood Library Celebrates Seuss this Saturday
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Glendale Seniors' 42nd Anniversary Party Coming Up
- Holocaust Remembrance Service
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter