Whitefish Bay Little League is very excited to announce that it has chartered the first Challenger Division for WFBLL this season. The Challenger Division was established in 1989 as a separate division of Little League to enable boys and girls with physical and mental challenges, to enjoy the game of baseball along with the millions of other children who participate in this sport worldwide. Now every child in Whitefish Bay will have the opportunity to participate in youth baseball as an official player in the Little League International organization. You can learn more about the program at this link:
WFB Challenger players will have an opportunity to play against kids from Elmbrook, Menomonee Falls, Grafton and Germantown. Practices will begin in May and games will run for approximately 5 weeks in late May and June. The WFB team will host games at Craig Counsell Park and travel to the other leagues for away games. Each player will also have a "buddy" to help with their positioning and development.
Little League is currently recruiting the inaugural team and crew of buddies. Kids that are ages 4-18, or up to 22 if still enrolled in high school, are eligible to play. Volunteers that are in seventh grade or above can participate as buddies.
The goal is to give Challenger players as close to the same experience as the kids playing in our Pee Wee, Minor, Major and Junior divisions.
Please encourage families of future players and buddies to email their interest to Anne O'Connor or Josh Levy. Their emails are on the League website:
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Fine Arts Funomenon
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- St. Monica Sports NIght
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Ranks Bathroom Flooring Options
- Trip to the Brewers/Angels Game
- WFBHS presents: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Emily Hoefler, Whitefish Bay Resident, Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- New Sailor on the Block