Local actress Jessica Machna will appear as Dolley Madison, the wife of the fourth U.S. President James Madison and First Lady, 1809-1817, in the Glendale Senior Citizens' Clubroom on the lower level of Glenhills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale. The event is scheduled for Wednesday, November 14, 1:30 p.m.
Legend has it that she ordered the removal of the Gilbert Stuart painting of George Washington as the British advanced on the White House during the War of 1812. It is also said that she introduced the White House egg rolling contests that are still held on the grounds on Easter Monday.
The performance is free, and refreshments will be served afterwards. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. Call (414) 540-2100 with questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MCW researcher wins Imagine More Award for neuroscience research
- MCW launches Master’s in Medical Physiology Program
- Get Your Kitchen Back to School Ready With Tips From Wisconsin Kitchen Mart
- #1 Star Wars Artist Appearing at WFB Mathnasium Saturday
- Vicar General Fr. Timothy Kitzke To Lead Downtown Eucharistic Rosary Procession With Roses for Our Lady
- MCW awarded $20 million Clinical and Translational Science Award
- The Equitable Bank Collecting Backpacks, Supplies for Local Kids
- St. Robert School Centennial 5K | 2K Run/Walk- Sat., Aug. 29th
- Brookfield Company Awards SPARK Grant
- Whitefish Bay