Premiering for the first time in Skylight Music Theatre’s 54 year history is the beloved musical, The Sound of Music, the true story of the von Trapp Family singers complete with cherished Rogers and Hammerstein melodies. Skylight’s production of the classic musical will feature the largest cast to date with a total of 62 members. Twenty-three of those members are youth actors from the local Milwaukee area including three from Whitefish Bay.
Madeline McNichols (Brigitta) – Madeline is delighted to appear in her first production with Skylight. Her interest in musical theater blossomed when she played Annie in the 2011 Falls Patio Players' production of Annie. This past September, Madeline was privileged to perform America the Beautiful for her second year in a row at the U.S. Open Tennis Championship in New York City.
Mary Elsa Henrichs (Trio) – Mary Elsa’s favorite things include mysteries, Shakespeare and running. Thankful for this Skylight debut, she fondly recalls her theatrical debut as Louisa von Trapp at Cardinal Stritch University (2008). Mary Elsa has also appeared with the Milwaukee Repertory Theater and First Stage, where she was most recently seen in Henry IV, part 1. John 8:12
Katarina Vandlik (Trio) – Katarina has been involved with theater for six years now, active through organizations including First Stage. Some of her credits include: Bye Bye Birdie (Mrs. MacAfee), Into the Woods (Witch), Thoroughly Modern Millie (Lucille) and Little Shop of Horrors (Mrs. Luce). This is her first time working with Skylight Music Theatre.
The show will run from November 16 to December 31 in the Cabot Theatre. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Skylight box office at 414-291-7800 or online at www.skylightmusictheatre.org. Filled with childhood favorites like “Do-Re-Mi”, “My Favorite Things” and “Edelweiss”, The Sound of Music is the perfect family show for the holiday season!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director
- “Battle of the Bays” Getaway winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Department of Defense to fund $5.5 million concussion study
- Mequon United Methodist Church Christmas Cantata - What a Gift
- Girl's Lacrosse Registration Now Open
- Green Bay Packers Youth Football Camps
- MCW alumna named chief health care officer of AAMC
- WFB HS Winter Concert 12/11/14
- City of Glendale to celebrate annual Menorah Lighting Ceremony at Bayshore Town Center
- MCW researcher to develop application to prevent and document atrocities