Shorewood Resident’s Business Honored by U.S. Secretary of Defense as “Patriotic Employer”
Shorewood, Wis. – Division 10 Personnel, one of Milwaukee’s most longstanding and successful personnel recruiting firms, has been honored by the Office of the U.S. Secretary of Defense as a “Patriotic Employer.”
Division 10 Personnel is owned by Wendy Koppel, a Shorewood resident since 1998. The award recognizes Division 10 Personnel “for contributing to national security and protecting liberty and freedom by supporting employee participation in America’s National Guard and Reserve Force.”
The honor reflects Division 10 Personnel’s commitment to employing members of the armed forces. The firm’s team of experienced personnel recruiters includes Roy Resto, a U.S. Air Force Master Sergeant, and Craig Casetta, a 10-year veteran of the U.S. Army.
“We are both proud and humbled to receive this recognition from the U.S. Secretary of Defense,” Koppel said. “Any adjustments that our company makes to accommodate the schedules of military employees are small compared with the sacrifices they make to serve and protect us, their fellow citizens.”
The Patriot Award “reflects the efforts made to support Citizen Warriors through a wide-range of measures including flexible schedules, time off prior to and after deployment, caring for families and granting leaves of absence if needed,” according to Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve, a Department of Defense agency.
The award is personal for Koppel, who has owned Division 10 Personnel since 1993. She comes from a family with many members who served in the armed forces.
In 2010, Koppel launched AeroStaff, which specializes in matching workers with often precisely-defined, highly-technical positions in the aerospace and defense industries. She has signed a Statement of Support for the Guard and Reserve, which commits AeroStaff to encouraging the hiring of military members and veterans.
Founded in 1981, Division 10 Personnel has a longstanding track record of successfully recruiting professional and technical employees to meet clients’ needs across a diverse spectrum of industries. The firm is certified as a Woman Business Enterprise.
- Small Appliances Make a Big Impact at Appliance Gallery
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- Whitefish Bay resident earns award from Marquette University
- Concordia University's Handbell Choir To Embark on 30th Annual Spring Tour
- Career and Technical Workshop for Educators to be Held at MATC's Mequon Campus June 14-16
- Free Showing of "The Intern"
- Milwaukee Remodeler SJJanis Featuring Fox Point Addition on the NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes