Advance tickets for the 69th annual Holiday Folk Fair International, America’s premiere multi-cultural festival, are now on sale at locations throughout southeastern Wisconsin. The event will be held Fri., Nov. 16 – Sun., Nov. 18, 2012, at the Wisconsin Exposition Center at State Fair Park.
Advance tickets can be purchased for $10 through Thursday, November 15, at:
• Sendik's Food Markets
13425 W. Watertown Plank Road, Elm Grove
5200 W. Rawson Avenue, Franklin
N112 W15800 Mequon Road, Germantown
2195 1st Avenue, Grafton
7901 West Layton Avenue, Greenfield
10930 N. Port Washington Road, Mequon
3600 South Moorland Road, New Berlin
8616 West North Avenue, Wauwatosa
280 North 18th Avenue, West Bend
500 East Silver Spring Drive, Whitefish Bay
• Usinger’s Famous Sausage: 1030 N. Old World Third St., Milwaukee
• Park Bank
330 E. Kilbourn Ave., Milwaukee
302 E. Wells St., Milwaukee
7540 W. Capitol Dr., Milwaukee
15850 W. Bluemound Rd., Brookfield
• International Institute of Wisconsin, 1110 N. Old World Third St., Suite 420, Milwaukee
• All participating ethnic groups
Advance tickets can also be ordered by phone (414-225-6225 or 1-800-FAIR-INTL); fax (414-225-6235); or on-line at www.folkfair.org. In addition to the individual tickets, family four-packs are available for $36. Advance Sale tickets requested in one of these ways must be ordered by November 14, and there are no refunds.
Produced by the International Institute of Wisconsin, Holiday Folk Fair International celebrates the cultural heritage of the people living in southeastern Wisconsin. This year’s theme, “Celebrate the Culture of the Story,” will allow Fair-goers the opportunity to learn the ways in which music, food, dance, and art explain a culture’s history and traditions.
Special attractions at this year’s event include the “One World, One People” photo exhibit, the Sister Cities International Young Artists and Authors Showcase, the UNESCO World Heritage Sites photo exhibit, an Old World Wisconsin display area, the Wisconsin Woodturners, and a bonsai exhibit.
The three-day event features the All Nations Theater with traditional music and dance, the World Café offering traditional dishes, the International Stage where young people perform their ethnic dances, the Music Pavilion with a variety of musical styles, Heritage Lane with unique traditions and customs through interactive exhibits, the International Bazaar where cultural artifacts create a unique shopping experience, and the Callen Construction Cooking Demonstration Stage featuring local chefs preparing traditional cuisine.
Holiday Folk Fair International will also host a United States Citizenship Naturalization Ceremony Sat., Nov. 17, at 10:30 a.m. and an “Around the World” 5K Run/Walk Sun., Nov. 18 at 9:00 a.m.
Hours on Fri., Nov. 16 are 2 p.m. – 10 p.m.; 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. on Sat., Nov. 17; and 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. on Sun., Nov. 18.
Admission at the gate will be $12 for adults; $8 for children ages 6 to 12; children under the age of five will be admitted at no charge. Those 62 and over will be admitted for $10, and all military personnel with a military ID card will be admitted free.
For more information on the 2012 Holiday Folk Fair International, visit www.folkfair.org or call the International Institute of Wisconsin at 414-225-6220.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Equitable Bank to Collect Business Attire for Returning Troops
- Milwaukee-Based Rock Band To Reunite At Bastille Days
- MILWAUKEE-BASED ROCK BAND TO REUNITE AT BASTILLE DAYS
- Real Time - First Friday Performance Series at Danceworks
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The State of Senior Health: Where Wisconsin Made Strides, and Where We Need to Improve
- Newcastle Place to sponsor Kids & Seniors Day at Lakeshore Chinooks game
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Celtic Expands Creative Department