Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – Taylor Poehls; President Elect – Rich Woods; Vice president – Dave Eppelsheimer; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Ed Ellingson.
Directors: Bob Gross, Jan Fitzgerald, Eli Potkonjak, Jason Gonwa, Dave Hoerig, Gary Krueger, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz
Looking forward to the meeting of April 3, 2012
Programs and Events
April 3 – Committee meetings.
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: We had a low key meeting this week. Our speaker was ill and is rescheduling her appearance. President Taylor couldn't make it, and Bob Reinhardt presided over the meeting. Our guest, observing our disorganization, was Jerry Merz, who already knows about us anyway. Despite the problems, we had some happy dollars: Eli Potkonjak is happy that at least this phase of the state campaigns will end soon; Dick Bachman was still happy to have seen our speaker last week and about Jim Price's article about the scouts and the Flag Project; Carl Smith and Kevin Sjostrom were just happy to have reached their birthdays once again; Gary Knisbeck paid to celebrate his granddaughter's birthday; Ken Snyder was happy with his sophomore daughter's varsity performance; and Bob Gross was delighted with the Scouting for Food project and his troops' participation in the Project.
Distinguished Citizen Award: The banquet is April 25 to honor Denise Lindberg. Talk to Bob Reinhardt about tickets.
Member news: Probably by now you have heard that Roberta Krueger died. Visitation and service for Roberta will take place on Wednesday, April 4. Visitation starting 4:30 until the service starts at 6:30 at St. Matthew’s Lutheran Church. You can check Bob Schmidt's web site (www.schmidtandbartelt.com) for details.
Member news 2: Carl talked to Warren Carity, who is still recovering from bronchitis and is pretty run down. Carl thought Warren would appreciate calls and cards, though.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Brusky Sjostrom & Alberts SC
2300 N. Mayfair Rd., Ste. 530
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journey to Bethlehem at Whitefish Bay United Methodist
- Milwaukee Citywide Food Drive is a Huge Success
- Danceworks Youth Performance Company (DYPC) in GINGERBREAD EXPRESS
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Local Allstate Agent Andrew McCabe Offers Tips on Avoiding Winter Freeze
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- #GivingTuesday: Girl Scout Troop Gives Cookie Money to Aurora Cancer Care in Grafton
- Giving Tuesday – Share How You Help Others Or How You’ve Been Helped
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah
- Catholic Charities Offers Five Ideas on How to Slow Down and Enjoy the Holidays