March 19, 2012
Shorewood Senior Center to Hold 2nd Annual
The Shorewood Senior Resource Center will hold its second annual wellness morning on Wednesday, April 4. It will take place from 9 a.m. – noon at the Resource Center, which is located on the lower level of the Shorewood Library, 2010 E. Shorewood Blvd. All workshops and presentations are free.
From 9 a.m. – noon, there will be private memory screenings; vision, balance and cardiac wellness screenings, hand grip strength evaluations, blood pressure checks, chair massages and more. Healthy muffins, snacks, coffee and tea will be available.
Special demonstrations and workshops include: a Zumba Gold class from 9:30 – 10 a.m. with Mimi Oxman; a Tai Chi demonstration with John Burns, P.T., O.M.C. from 10-10:30 a.m.; a “How of Happiness” relaxation class with certified stress management consultant Elizabeth Lewis from 10 – 11:30 a.m.; an acupuncture demonstration with Doris Kitazaki, C.Ac. from 10:30 – 11 a.m.; and from 11 – 11:30 a.m., a yoga demonstration with Meredith Watts, certified in the Iyengar Method.
Door prizes will be drawn every hour.
For more information, contact Elizabeth Price, Coordinator of the Shorewood Senior Resource Center, at (414) 847-2727.
# # # #
- PNC Bank Veterans Help Kick-Off First Business Luncheon for the Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce
- The Comedy of Errors
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Small Appliances Make a Big Impact at Appliance Gallery
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- Whitefish Bay resident earns award from Marquette University
- Concordia University's Handbell Choir To Embark on 30th Annual Spring Tour