March 19, 2012
Shorewood Senior Center to Hold 2nd Annual
The Shorewood Senior Resource Center will hold its second annual wellness morning on Wednesday, April 4. It will take place from 9 a.m. – noon at the Resource Center, which is located on the lower level of the Shorewood Library, 2010 E. Shorewood Blvd. All workshops and presentations are free.
From 9 a.m. – noon, there will be private memory screenings; vision, balance and cardiac wellness screenings, hand grip strength evaluations, blood pressure checks, chair massages and more. Healthy muffins, snacks, coffee and tea will be available.
Special demonstrations and workshops include: a Zumba Gold class from 9:30 – 10 a.m. with Mimi Oxman; a Tai Chi demonstration with John Burns, P.T., O.M.C. from 10-10:30 a.m.; a “How of Happiness” relaxation class with certified stress management consultant Elizabeth Lewis from 10 – 11:30 a.m.; an acupuncture demonstration with Doris Kitazaki, C.Ac. from 10:30 – 11 a.m.; and from 11 – 11:30 a.m., a yoga demonstration with Meredith Watts, certified in the Iyengar Method.
Door prizes will be drawn every hour.
For more information, contact Elizabeth Price, Coordinator of the Shorewood Senior Resource Center, at (414) 847-2727.
# # # #
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Design Tech Remodeling Named NARI 2016 Regional CotY TM Winner
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Seniors Winter Pot Luck
- Appliance Gallery Offers Tips for Laundry Room Maintenance
- Wauwatosa Teen from Princeton University Chosen as Finalist for President Bill Clinton's Contest
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards more than $250,000 to reduce medication errors
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: February schedule
- Chicago Block Clubs and Social Justice Examined in Talk at UWM, Feb. 26
- Author Discusses Book on Milwaukee's School Choice Movement, at UWM on Feb. 23
- Talk on Religion, Ecology and Identity in Southern Africa at UWM Feb. 19