March 19, 2012
Shorewood Senior Center to Hold 2nd Annual
The Shorewood Senior Resource Center will hold its second annual wellness morning on Wednesday, April 4. It will take place from 9 a.m. – noon at the Resource Center, which is located on the lower level of the Shorewood Library, 2010 E. Shorewood Blvd. All workshops and presentations are free.
From 9 a.m. – noon, there will be private memory screenings; vision, balance and cardiac wellness screenings, hand grip strength evaluations, blood pressure checks, chair massages and more. Healthy muffins, snacks, coffee and tea will be available.
Special demonstrations and workshops include: a Zumba Gold class from 9:30 – 10 a.m. with Mimi Oxman; a Tai Chi demonstration with John Burns, P.T., O.M.C. from 10-10:30 a.m.; a “How of Happiness” relaxation class with certified stress management consultant Elizabeth Lewis from 10 – 11:30 a.m.; an acupuncture demonstration with Doris Kitazaki, C.Ac. from 10:30 – 11 a.m.; and from 11 – 11:30 a.m., a yoga demonstration with Meredith Watts, certified in the Iyengar Method.
Door prizes will be drawn every hour.
For more information, contact Elizabeth Price, Coordinator of the Shorewood Senior Resource Center, at (414) 847-2727.
# # # #
- Fine Arts Funomenon
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- St. Monica Sports NIght
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Ranks Bathroom Flooring Options
- Trip to the Brewers/Angels Game
- WFBHS presents: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Emily Hoefler, Whitefish Bay Resident, Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- New Sailor on the Block
- Free Showing of A Walk in the Woods, 1p, Wed, April 27 at Glen Hills Middle School