Biweekly classes open to the public
MILWAUKEE, February 15, 2012— Vibrant senior living community Eastcastle Place, located in Milwaukee, is taking senior fitness to the next level by offering biweekly yoga classes. The classes will be at 11 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays and will run from February 28, 2012 to April 10, 2012. Frank Detloff, expert senior yoga instructor, will lead the class in the Eastcastle Place fitness center.
According to Becky Willett, Director of Community Services at Eastcastle Place and Newcastle Place, yoga unites the mind and body by pairing deep, focused and controlled breathing with strength building movements. She added that yoga possesses a wide variety of health benefits specific to seniors that can assist with:
• Blood flow
• Chronic pain
“Yoga is a great exercise for seniors because it can be modified so easily to fit each individual’s needs,” said Willett, “I have already had residents ask me when the classes will start; they are excited for the opportunity to try something new that can also positively impact their health.”
For more information and to obtain registration materials please contact Becky Willett at 262-387-8840.
About Eastcastle Place
Founded as Milwaukee Protestant Home in 1884 by a group of public-spirited women, Eastcastle Place has earned an exemplary reputation by providing compassionate care to seniors throughout the metropolitan Milwaukee area. Along with Newcastle Place, its sister community in Mequon, Wis., Eastcastle Place is a continuing care retirement community that offers elegant and upscale independent living apartments and vast amenities. This vibrant senior community also offers assisted living, memory support, rehabilitation, and skilled nursing. For more information, visit www.Eastcastleplace.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Summer Reading at the Whitefish Bay Public Library
- ChristPond Retreat Center Annual Pancake Breakfast is June 30, 2013
- Make Father’s Day Smoke-Free (An Uphill Battle)
- Mequon Mother and Daughter Duo to Appear in One Act Play Festival
- Village of Shorewood Seeks Artists for Plein Air Art Festival
- The Equitable Bank Collects Nearly 1,000 Clothing Items for Local Veterans
- Three Whitefish Bay residents announced as Chambers USA leading lawyers
- Tour le Jardin Garden Walk - Tickets are Here!
- Milwaukee Mechanic Builds a Booming International Bounce-House Business
- Grassroots Northshore Forum