North Shore Presbyterian Church (NSPC) in Shorewood begins a new chapter with the appointment of Whitefish Bay resident Rev. Thomas L. Willams as interim pastor, joining current pastor Rev. James Bender.
The appointment of Rev. Williams commences the church’s search for a co-pastor to serve with Rev. Bender, who has been pastor at NSPC for the past 20 years. The church will be installing a committee to launch the search.
According to Rev. Bender, “Tom’s task will be a challenging one as he assumes responsibilities for certain programmatic areas within the life of NSPC, shared worship and pastoral responsibilities.”
“We know he’s excited, I’m excited and the NSCP Session of Elders is excited.”
Adds Rev. Williams, “as someone who has served before as an interim pastor for a number of Presbyterian churches throughout Wisconsin, I always look forward to helping a congregation turn a page as they move into a new phase.”
Rev. Williams is a graduate of the Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary and resides in Whitefish Bay with his wife reside in Whitefish Bay.
North Shore Presbyterian has served the spiritual needs of its Covenant Family and of all visitors in Shorewood since 1923.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Department of Defense to fund $5.5 million concussion study
- Mequon United Methodist Church Christmas Cantata - What a Gift
- Girl's Lacrosse Registration Now Open
- Green Bay Packers Youth Football Camps
- MCW alumna named chief health care officer of AAMC
- WFB HS Winter Concert 12/11/14
- City of Glendale to celebrate annual Menorah Lighting Ceremony at Bayshore Town Center
- MCW researcher to develop application to prevent and document atrocities
- Chanukah in the Chocolate Factory!
- MCW researchers find link between sleep deprivation and cell damage