North Shore Presbyterian Church (NSPC) in Shorewood begins a new chapter with the appointment of Whitefish Bay resident Rev. Thomas L. Willams as interim pastor, joining current pastor Rev. James Bender.
The appointment of Rev. Williams commences the church’s search for a co-pastor to serve with Rev. Bender, who has been pastor at NSPC for the past 20 years. The church will be installing a committee to launch the search.
According to Rev. Bender, “Tom’s task will be a challenging one as he assumes responsibilities for certain programmatic areas within the life of NSPC, shared worship and pastoral responsibilities.”
“We know he’s excited, I’m excited and the NSCP Session of Elders is excited.”
Adds Rev. Williams, “as someone who has served before as an interim pastor for a number of Presbyterian churches throughout Wisconsin, I always look forward to helping a congregation turn a page as they move into a new phase.”
Rev. Williams is a graduate of the Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary and resides in Whitefish Bay with his wife reside in Whitefish Bay.
North Shore Presbyterian has served the spiritual needs of its Covenant Family and of all visitors in Shorewood since 1923.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Host Families needed for one month this summer
- Whitefish Bay resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Takes the Mystery Out of Remodeling
- Glendale's 4th of July Celebration & 65th Birthday
- MCW researcher to study gene therapies for hemophilia
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program