The Social Justice Committee of Unitarian Church North will present an analysis of Governor Walker's 2011-2013 Biennial Budget for the state of Wisconsin on Sunday, April 3, at 12:30 p.m. at the church, 13800 N. Port Washington Road, Mequon. The presentation is free and open to the public.
Joyce M. Latham, PhD., chair of the Social Justice committee, will deliver the presentation. The presentation focuses on six main elements of the budget: public school funding, higher education, local government agencies, health care, transportation, the environment. The presentation measures the stated goals of the budget document against the embedded funding strategies by focusing on the facts.
"We are interested in ensuring that the people of our communities have access to accurate information concerning the budget proposal,” Latham explained. “The bill itself is over 1,300 pages, which presents us with a lot to digest. Our intention is to help people begin to think about the issues which surround the debate about the budget bill. Please join us for investigation and discussion about the fiscal future of Wisconsin.”
For more information, visit www.ucnorth.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Residents Participate in THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE at Sunset Playhouse
- National "I Forgot Day"
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- Shorewood Summer Concert Series
- The Equitable Bank to Collect Business Attire for Returning Troops
- Milwaukee-Based Rock Band To Reunite At Bastille Days
- MILWAUKEE-BASED ROCK BAND TO REUNITE AT BASTILLE DAYS
- Real Time - First Friday Performance Series at Danceworks
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The State of Senior Health: Where Wisconsin Made Strides, and Where We Need to Improve