Sport: Girls Basketball
For the second consecutive year, the Lady Knights are regional champions after beating University School and Milwaukee School of Languages in two crucial games last weekend. In the second round of the state playoffs on March 11th, the girls beat University School, 72-39. Deysha Smith-Jenkins and Dilonna Johnson each scored 19 points for the winners. Johnson’s 19 points included four three-pointers and put her over the 1,000 career point total in just her third high school season. Brionna Simond had 17 points and recorded seven steals for the Lady Knights, who built a solid lead early in the game and never looked back.
The following night, the girls once again came out strong and defeated Milwaukee School of Languages in the regional championship game, 76-55. On this night, Mishayla Jones was the team’s leading scorer with 22 points. Right behind her was Smith-Jenkins with 21 and Simond with 15. Elle Topp sank three huge three-pointers in the second half to secure the victory.
Next up for the Lady Knights is a sectional semi-final match up against the East Troy Trojans from the Rock Valley North conference. The game will be played at Waukesha West High School at 8:00 p.m. on Thursday March 17th. If the girls win on Thursday they will play in the sectional finals on Saturday March 19th at Waukesha West at 1:00 p.m. against either Columbus or Winnebago Lutheran.
Sport: Boys Basketball
The Knights saw their season and 16 game winning streak come to an end on March 10th when they lost in the sectional semifinals to Racine St. Catherine’s, 50-44. Dominican got a game-high 20 points from Jamall Taylor and 16 points from Duane Wilson. For the 2010-2011 campaign, the Knights finished with a 21-4 overall record and were 16-0 in conference. Although the team is sure to come back strong again next year, it will be tough to replace their five graduating seniors: Will Curtis, Amari Bell, Iman Johnson, Montes Strodthoff and Aaron Raffeet.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Honors Barry Mandel With the “Building Milwaukee” Award
- TOP 10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN BUYING A HOME
- Concordia University Celebrates Winter Commencement on December 13
- Anthony Wells will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Miranda Cecsarini will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Gingerbread Express – Memory Lane
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- 2015 GET FIT Workshop - McGovern Senior Center
- Celebrate a PINK Shabbat!
- MCW researchers to investigate biological factors of post-traumatic stress disorder