Sport: Girls Basketball
For the second consecutive year, the Lady Knights are regional champions after beating University School and Milwaukee School of Languages in two crucial games last weekend. In the second round of the state playoffs on March 11th, the girls beat University School, 72-39. Deysha Smith-Jenkins and Dilonna Johnson each scored 19 points for the winners. Johnson’s 19 points included four three-pointers and put her over the 1,000 career point total in just her third high school season. Brionna Simond had 17 points and recorded seven steals for the Lady Knights, who built a solid lead early in the game and never looked back.
The following night, the girls once again came out strong and defeated Milwaukee School of Languages in the regional championship game, 76-55. On this night, Mishayla Jones was the team’s leading scorer with 22 points. Right behind her was Smith-Jenkins with 21 and Simond with 15. Elle Topp sank three huge three-pointers in the second half to secure the victory.
Next up for the Lady Knights is a sectional semi-final match up against the East Troy Trojans from the Rock Valley North conference. The game will be played at Waukesha West High School at 8:00 p.m. on Thursday March 17th. If the girls win on Thursday they will play in the sectional finals on Saturday March 19th at Waukesha West at 1:00 p.m. against either Columbus or Winnebago Lutheran.
Sport: Boys Basketball
The Knights saw their season and 16 game winning streak come to an end on March 10th when they lost in the sectional semifinals to Racine St. Catherine’s, 50-44. Dominican got a game-high 20 points from Jamall Taylor and 16 points from Duane Wilson. For the 2010-2011 campaign, the Knights finished with a 21-4 overall record and were 16-0 in conference. Although the team is sure to come back strong again next year, it will be tough to replace their five graduating seniors: Will Curtis, Amari Bell, Iman Johnson, Montes Strodthoff and Aaron Raffeet.
- Fine Arts Funomenon
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- St. Monica Sports NIght
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Ranks Bathroom Flooring Options
- Trip to the Brewers/Angels Game
- WFBHS presents: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Emily Hoefler, Whitefish Bay Resident, Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- New Sailor on the Block
- Free Showing of A Walk in the Woods, 1p, Wed, April 27 at Glen Hills Middle School