Attention: High school seniors!! The Whitefish Bay Civic Foundation is awarding a $1000 Scholarship this year -- apply and be recognized for your community service efforts!
The Whitefish Bay Civic Foundation’s mission is to enhance the quality of life in Whitefish Bay through community service projects and events. In 2004, our scholarship was established with the goal of rewarding students who have exhibited exemplary service to their community in the form of volunteer activities and commitments. This scholarship recognizes a student who has unselfishly dedicated his or her time and efforts outside of school to various forms of community service activities.
Candidates for this scholarship must be a resident of Whitefish Bay and have demonstrated substantial service or volunteer activities benefiting local communities or organizations. These types of volunteer activities may include service projects such as: tutoring, coaching, child care, hospital or hospice care, community service projects, scouting, museum work, junior achievement, church work, outreach activities, work in political campaigns or other activities that benefit local communities or organizations.
For more information about this scholarship and to find an application, visit our website at www.wfbcivicfoundation.org. APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, APRIL 1, 2011.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cecilia J. Hillard, PhD, Named Associate Dean for Research at MCW
- Diversified Insurance Solutions Awards SPARK Grant to Life's Connection
- Puzzles and Games that Exercise the Brain
- SUNSET PLAYHOUSE PRESENTS CROONER CHRIS MARIANI IN HAVE A COOL YULE
- Join us for the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll!
- ‘Tis the Season
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Explains Bathtub Materials
- “Let There Be Light!” with David HB Drake
- Glendale’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-foot Live Balsam Tree
- Lake Country Orchestra - Concert at OAC