Attention: High school seniors!! The Whitefish Bay Civic Foundation is awarding a $1000 Scholarship this year -- apply and be recognized for your community service efforts!
The Whitefish Bay Civic Foundation’s mission is to enhance the quality of life in Whitefish Bay through community service projects and events. In 2004, our scholarship was established with the goal of rewarding students who have exhibited exemplary service to their community in the form of volunteer activities and commitments. This scholarship recognizes a student who has unselfishly dedicated his or her time and efforts outside of school to various forms of community service activities.
Candidates for this scholarship must be a resident of Whitefish Bay and have demonstrated substantial service or volunteer activities benefiting local communities or organizations. These types of volunteer activities may include service projects such as: tutoring, coaching, child care, hospital or hospice care, community service projects, scouting, museum work, junior achievement, church work, outreach activities, work in political campaigns or other activities that benefit local communities or organizations.
For more information about this scholarship and to find an application, visit our website at www.wfbcivicfoundation.org. APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, APRIL 1, 2011.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Rookie Cigar Smoker: Here’s How NOT to Look Like One
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Storage Ideas for the Kitchen
- Concordia University to host community thought leaders series
- Phoenix weekly: Despite injury, Luke has no regrets
- Design Tech Remodeling Named NARI 2016 Regional CotY TM Winner
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Seniors Winter Pot Luck
- Appliance Gallery Offers Tips for Laundry Room Maintenance
- Wauwatosa Teen from Princeton University Chosen as Finalist for President Bill Clinton's Contest
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards more than $250,000 to reduce medication errors