Whitefish Bay Forum Features School Board Candidates
March 14, 2011
Three candidates vie for two positions
Whitefish Bay, WI (February 24, 2011)- Advocates for Education is presenting their Winter/Spring forum March 14th, “Meeting the School Board Candidates “. Two 3-year seats are up for reelection on April 5th. Participating will be candidate Anne Berleman Kearney and incumbents Marie Greco and James Phillips. A fourth candidate, incumbent Pam Woodard, is running uncontested for a 1-year position.
The forum will be moderated and include prepared questions regarding the various issues facing our school system. “In light of current budget concerns, we encourage all members of the community to learn about the background and potential contributions of the three school board candidates”, said Joanne Desien, President of AFE. “This is your opportunity to understand the qualifications and leadership philosophy of all candidates.”
Anyone interested in forwarding questions to ask the candidates may do so via the AFE website at www.advocatesforeducation.com. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions the night of the forum, time permitting.
Monday, March 14, 2011
Whitefish Bay Public Library
5420 North Marlborough Drive
About Advocates for Education
Advocates for Education is a non-partisan, not-for-profit organization that works to promote high quality public education in Whitefish Bay. For over a decade its members have worked to inform residents about education issues and encourage public participation in matters affecting our schools, foster a social and political climate favorable to public education, and advocate for public policies that promote high quality education in Whitefish Bay. For more information on AFE, visit advocatesforeducation.org or call Liz Sanders at 414-962-0865.
- Small Appliances Make a Big Impact at Appliance Gallery
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- Whitefish Bay resident earns award from Marquette University
- Concordia University's Handbell Choir To Embark on 30th Annual Spring Tour
- Career and Technical Workshop for Educators to be Held at MATC's Mequon Campus June 14-16
- Free Showing of "The Intern"
- Milwaukee Remodeler SJJanis Featuring Fox Point Addition on the NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes