Whitefish Bay Forum Features School Board Candidates
March 14, 2011
Three candidates vie for two positions
Whitefish Bay, WI (February 24, 2011)- Advocates for Education is presenting their Winter/Spring forum March 14th, “Meeting the School Board Candidates “. Two 3-year seats are up for reelection on April 5th. Participating will be candidate Anne Berleman Kearney and incumbents Marie Greco and James Phillips. A fourth candidate, incumbent Pam Woodard, is running uncontested for a 1-year position.
The forum will be moderated and include prepared questions regarding the various issues facing our school system. “In light of current budget concerns, we encourage all members of the community to learn about the background and potential contributions of the three school board candidates”, said Joanne Desien, President of AFE. “This is your opportunity to understand the qualifications and leadership philosophy of all candidates.”
Anyone interested in forwarding questions to ask the candidates may do so via the AFE website at www.advocatesforeducation.com. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions the night of the forum, time permitting.
Monday, March 14, 2011
Whitefish Bay Public Library
5420 North Marlborough Drive
About Advocates for Education
Advocates for Education is a non-partisan, not-for-profit organization that works to promote high quality public education in Whitefish Bay. For over a decade its members have worked to inform residents about education issues and encourage public participation in matters affecting our schools, foster a social and political climate favorable to public education, and advocate for public policies that promote high quality education in Whitefish Bay. For more information on AFE, visit advocatesforeducation.org or call Liz Sanders at 414-962-0865.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series
- MCW seeks participants for kidney research
- Shorewood Library Celebrates Seuss this Saturday
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Glendale Seniors' 42nd Anniversary Party Coming Up
- Holocaust Remembrance Service
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Diabetes and oral health in Milwaukee’s Mexican-American community
- Farmers Market and Local Harvest Breakfast Fundraiser to Support Family Farms