Whitefish Bay Forum Features School Board Candidates
March 14, 2011
Three candidates vie for two positions
Whitefish Bay, WI (February 24, 2011)- Advocates for Education is presenting their Winter/Spring forum March 14th, “Meeting the School Board Candidates “. Two 3-year seats are up for reelection on April 5th. Participating will be candidate Anne Berleman Kearney and incumbents Marie Greco and James Phillips. A fourth candidate, incumbent Pam Woodard, is running uncontested for a 1-year position.
The forum will be moderated and include prepared questions regarding the various issues facing our school system. “In light of current budget concerns, we encourage all members of the community to learn about the background and potential contributions of the three school board candidates”, said Joanne Desien, President of AFE. “This is your opportunity to understand the qualifications and leadership philosophy of all candidates.”
Anyone interested in forwarding questions to ask the candidates may do so via the AFE website at www.advocatesforeducation.com. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions the night of the forum, time permitting.
Monday, March 14, 2011
Whitefish Bay Public Library
5420 North Marlborough Drive
About Advocates for Education
Advocates for Education is a non-partisan, not-for-profit organization that works to promote high quality public education in Whitefish Bay. For over a decade its members have worked to inform residents about education issues and encourage public participation in matters affecting our schools, foster a social and political climate favorable to public education, and advocate for public policies that promote high quality education in Whitefish Bay. For more information on AFE, visit advocatesforeducation.org or call Liz Sanders at 414-962-0865.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Investigators to study link between brain injury and addiction
- North Shore Bank Hosts Free Community Shredding Day on May 2
- LearningRx in Brookfield Donates to Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin
- North Shore Congregational Church to Host Church-Wide Rummage Sale
- Seniors Trip to Brewers-Dodgers Game
- Meijer Announces Job Openings for Grafton and Kenosha Supercenters
- MCW-Central Wisconsin receives accreditation approvals
- Industry Expert: Prevent Fires. Clean Dryer Vents.
- MCW-Green Bay hosts “Second Look Day” for incoming students
- Milwaukee Repertory Theater Children's Audition Notice: A Christmas Carol