Concordia University Wisconsin will host a Respite Event on Sunday, February 27, giving area parents of children with special needs a well-deserved break. The Respite will be held at the Concordia Field House, 12800 North Lake Shore Drive in Mequon from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
“The respite event is a life saver for families dealing with the challenges of caring for a child with special healthcare needs,” said Kim Whitmore, assistant professor in Concordia University’s Nursing Department. “It is also a tremendous learning experience for our students from all disciplines as they learn patience, compassion, and respect for what these families deal with on a day to day basis," added Whitmore.
This event is funded in part by United Way and the Respite Care Association of Wisconsin. To register, e-mail your name, address, phone number, birthday, email, major and grade level or profession and preference of type of child you wish to care for to CUW Nursing Professor Kim Whitmore at email@example.com.
If you are unable to volunteer you can still help by making a monetary donation made payable to CUW Foundation or by donating BINGO Prizes. Donations should be brought to the CUW Nursing Department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Glendale's 4th of July Celebration & 65th Birthday
- MCW researcher to study gene therapies for hemophilia
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary