Concordia University Wisconsin will host a Respite Event on Sunday, February 27, giving area parents of children with special needs a well-deserved break. The Respite will be held at the Concordia Field House, 12800 North Lake Shore Drive in Mequon from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
“The respite event is a life saver for families dealing with the challenges of caring for a child with special healthcare needs,” said Kim Whitmore, assistant professor in Concordia University’s Nursing Department. “It is also a tremendous learning experience for our students from all disciplines as they learn patience, compassion, and respect for what these families deal with on a day to day basis," added Whitmore.
This event is funded in part by United Way and the Respite Care Association of Wisconsin. To register, e-mail your name, address, phone number, birthday, email, major and grade level or profession and preference of type of child you wish to care for to CUW Nursing Professor Kim Whitmore at email@example.com.
If you are unable to volunteer you can still help by making a monetary donation made payable to CUW Foundation or by donating BINGO Prizes. Donations should be brought to the CUW Nursing Department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Residents Participate in THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE at Sunset Playhouse
- National "I Forgot Day"
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- Shorewood Summer Concert Series
- The Equitable Bank to Collect Business Attire for Returning Troops
- Milwaukee-Based Rock Band To Reunite At Bastille Days
- MILWAUKEE-BASED ROCK BAND TO REUNITE AT BASTILLE DAYS
- Real Time - First Friday Performance Series at Danceworks
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The State of Senior Health: Where Wisconsin Made Strides, and Where We Need to Improve