Ahoy, mateys! The Whitefish Bay High School Orchestra will present “Aaargh! Pirates in the Bay!,” its annual Music for Munchkins Children’s Concert, on Sunday, February 6, 2011.
The event will feature a string instrument “petting zoo” from 12:30 to 1:15 p.m., during which children of all ages will have a chance to touch, play and hear the various string instruments. Pirate craft-making will be available during the same period.
The musical performance will begin at 1:30 p.m. Featured selections include themes from “Pirates of the Caribbean I and II,” music from “The Pirates of Penzance,” and other nautical songs and pirate ditties. Fifth graders from Cumberland and Richards elementary schools will make a guest appearance on the program, as well.
Music for Munchkins will be held in the auditorium of Whitefish Bay High School, 1200 E. Fairmount Avenue, Whitefish Bay. Admission is $3 per person or $10 per family. The general public is encouraged to attend. Come experience pirates, treasure, and adventure on the high seas!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee German Immersion School Students become JA BizTown Citizens
- Open your home to a life-changing, cultural experience
- From Hollywood to Holy Wood!
- Can social networks improve rates of treatment for HIV?
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Spring Fling Family Dance Workshop
- Daddy & Daughter Dance Party
- Local Girl Wins Miss Wisconsin Collegiate Title
- Bartelt Named "Best of Houzz 2015"