Ahoy, mateys! The Whitefish Bay High School Orchestra will present “Aaargh! Pirates in the Bay!,” its annual Music for Munchkins Children’s Concert, on Sunday, February 6, 2011.
The event will feature a string instrument “petting zoo” from 12:30 to 1:15 p.m., during which children of all ages will have a chance to touch, play and hear the various string instruments. Pirate craft-making will be available during the same period.
The musical performance will begin at 1:30 p.m. Featured selections include themes from “Pirates of the Caribbean I and II,” music from “The Pirates of Penzance,” and other nautical songs and pirate ditties. Fifth graders from Cumberland and Richards elementary schools will make a guest appearance on the program, as well.
Music for Munchkins will be held in the auditorium of Whitefish Bay High School, 1200 E. Fairmount Avenue, Whitefish Bay. Admission is $3 per person or $10 per family. The general public is encouraged to attend. Come experience pirates, treasure, and adventure on the high seas!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dominican Football team wins
- Village of Shorewood Hosts Second Annual Plein Air Festival
- Polish Harvest Festival
- FREE Pre-Concert Workshop
- River Hills resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- DHS Throws Disabled Under the Bus
- 10 Homework Tips for The School Year
- Dominican drops football opener
- Back to School Can be Tough for Students with Mental Health Challenges Rogers InHealth unveils new social media resources to help
- Dominican Football