Ahoy, mateys! The Whitefish Bay High School Orchestra will present “Aaargh! Pirates in the Bay!,” its annual Music for Munchkins Children’s Concert, on Sunday, February 6, 2011.
The event will feature a string instrument “petting zoo” from 12:30 to 1:15 p.m., during which children of all ages will have a chance to touch, play and hear the various string instruments. Pirate craft-making will be available during the same period.
The musical performance will begin at 1:30 p.m. Featured selections include themes from “Pirates of the Caribbean I and II,” music from “The Pirates of Penzance,” and other nautical songs and pirate ditties. Fifth graders from Cumberland and Richards elementary schools will make a guest appearance on the program, as well.
Music for Munchkins will be held in the auditorium of Whitefish Bay High School, 1200 E. Fairmount Avenue, Whitefish Bay. Admission is $3 per person or $10 per family. The general public is encouraged to attend. Come experience pirates, treasure, and adventure on the high seas!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cecilia J. Hillard, PhD, Named Associate Dean for Research at MCW
- Diversified Insurance Solutions Awards SPARK Grant to Life's Connection
- Puzzles and Games that Exercise the Brain
- SUNSET PLAYHOUSE PRESENTS CROONER CHRIS MARIANI IN HAVE A COOL YULE
- Join us for the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll!
- ‘Tis the Season
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Explains Bathtub Materials
- “Let There Be Light!” with David HB Drake
- Glendale’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-foot Live Balsam Tree
- Lake Country Orchestra - Concert at OAC