“Keep the Wreath Red” Program
This holiday season we celebrate the 30th year anniversary of Illinois Fire Chiefs
Association’s (IFCA) adopted “Keep the Wreath Red” Program.
The “Keep the Wreath Red” program was established in 1954 by Naperville,
Illinois Paid-On-Call Firefighter Paul Boecker.
In 1979 “Keep the Wreath Red” became a country-wide program for the Dupage
County Fire Chiefs Association before being adopted by the IFCA in 1980, by
then president, Chief Paul Boecker.
Annually the “Keep the Wreath Red” Program is endorsed by the IFCA Board of
Directors to alert residents of fires caused by holiday decorations. Each year a
few more departments participate in this program.
The “Keep the Wreath Red” Program is a visual reminder to citizens to take
additional safety precautions during the holiday season to make this a safe and
happy holiday season.
In 1996, the North Shore Fire Department joined fire departments around the
country in the "Keep the Wreath Red" program.
As the holiday season begins, each fire station in the North Shore places in
public view a holiday wreath decorated with red bulbs. The wreaths are
illuminated constantly. If a fire is directly caused by holiday decorations, one red
bulb will be changed to a white bulb.
Please use our wreaths as a reminder to have a Fire Safe Holiday.
Help us to "Keep the Wreaths Red!"
Questions or comments can be directed to the North Shore Fire Department
Public Education Office at email@example.com or 414-228-0292.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How to Avoid Your Own Personal Financial Crisis
- Shorewood Allstate Agent Offers Spring Safety Advice
- :Brass at Night" concert by Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Red Phase Screech Owl Sighting at SANC!
- Stano Landscaping, Inc. wins gold award
- Seniors Anniversary Party
- 15th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes Scheduled
- Kids From Wisconsin Join Music in the Glen
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces Availability Of 2014 Membership Directory
- Summer Ballet Auditions at the Academy of Classical Ballet