House of Peace pastoral director, Capuchin friar Fr. Perry McDonald, speaks to 5th Grade students at St. Monica Catholic Parish in Whitefish Bay. Fr. Perry holds the statue of St. Francis of Assisi while teaching the students the importance of food drives as a way they can assist the poor. The House of Peace, a Capuchin ministry, is located in Milwaukee's central city and serves those in need of food, clothing, medical care and legal aid.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- SSRC Plans Trip to Jewish Museum, Lake Park Bistro
- High school concert set for Wednesday
- Journey to Bethlehem at Whitefish Bay United Methodist
- Milwaukee Citywide Food Drive is a Huge Success
- Danceworks Youth Performance Company (DYPC) in GINGERBREAD EXPRESS
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Local Allstate Agent Andrew McCabe Offers Tips on Avoiding Winter Freeze
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- #GivingTuesday: Girl Scout Troop Gives Cookie Money to Aurora Cancer Care in Grafton