A Friday night in the middle of winter in Almost, Maine, can get downright cold and snowy. Romances (some happy, some not so happy) seem as abundant as the stars. Whitefish Bay High School Drama Club’s fall play, Almost, Maine, shines the blue-white light of a New England night to create warmth in a desperately cold place. The nine brief episodes occur on the same night in the middle of a Maine winter around the mythical town of Almost. Their wistful charm, quirky humor and embracing sense of hopefulness give promise to all who have ever been in love (or almost).
Playwright John Cariani weaves these wonderful, interrelated stories together and creates a delightful look at relationships. The characters are likeable and a little foolish, but laughter wards off the sentimentality that could undo these stories.
Who: Whitefish Bay High School Drama Club
What: 2010 Fall Play “Almost, Maine” by John Cariani
When: Nov 11th, 12th, 13th 7:30pm
Where: Whitefish Bay High School Auditorium, 1200 E. Fairmount Ave.
All tickets are general admission and available at the door.
Parker Waite, Brigid McBride, Kelsey Pfeifer, Jesse Stone, Marc Hunter,
Dani Wallace, Katie Bentley, Savannah Armstrong, Matthew Felland,
Braden Bjella, Meredith Head, Patrick Pfeifer, Rolands Lauzums, Matt Klein,
and Stella Mayerhoff
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Mequon resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- Milwaukee Rep Seeks New "Tiny Tim" and Other Young Performers for "A Christmas Carol"