A Friday night in the middle of winter in Almost, Maine, can get downright cold and snowy. Romances (some happy, some not so happy) seem as abundant as the stars. Whitefish Bay High School Drama Club’s fall play, Almost, Maine, shines the blue-white light of a New England night to create warmth in a desperately cold place. The nine brief episodes occur on the same night in the middle of a Maine winter around the mythical town of Almost. Their wistful charm, quirky humor and embracing sense of hopefulness give promise to all who have ever been in love (or almost).
Playwright John Cariani weaves these wonderful, interrelated stories together and creates a delightful look at relationships. The characters are likeable and a little foolish, but laughter wards off the sentimentality that could undo these stories.
Who: Whitefish Bay High School Drama Club
What: 2010 Fall Play “Almost, Maine” by John Cariani
When: Nov 11th, 12th, 13th 7:30pm
Where: Whitefish Bay High School Auditorium, 1200 E. Fairmount Ave.
All tickets are general admission and available at the door.
Parker Waite, Brigid McBride, Kelsey Pfeifer, Jesse Stone, Marc Hunter,
Dani Wallace, Katie Bentley, Savannah Armstrong, Matthew Felland,
Braden Bjella, Meredith Head, Patrick Pfeifer, Rolands Lauzums, Matt Klein,
and Stella Mayerhoff
- PNC Bank Veterans Help Kick-Off First Business Luncheon for the Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce
- The Comedy of Errors
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Small Appliances Make a Big Impact at Appliance Gallery
- June 10 reception Reveals New Exhibitions at Cedarburg Art Museum
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- Whitefish Bay resident earns award from Marquette University
- Concordia University's Handbell Choir To Embark on 30th Annual Spring Tour