A Friday night in the middle of winter in Almost, Maine, can get downright cold and snowy. Romances (some happy, some not so happy) seem as abundant as the stars. Whitefish Bay High School Drama Club’s fall play, Almost, Maine, shines the blue-white light of a New England night to create warmth in a desperately cold place. The nine brief episodes occur on the same night in the middle of a Maine winter around the mythical town of Almost. Their wistful charm, quirky humor and embracing sense of hopefulness give promise to all who have ever been in love (or almost).
Playwright John Cariani weaves these wonderful, interrelated stories together and creates a delightful look at relationships. The characters are likeable and a little foolish, but laughter wards off the sentimentality that could undo these stories.
Who: Whitefish Bay High School Drama Club
What: 2010 Fall Play “Almost, Maine” by John Cariani
When: Nov 11th, 12th, 13th 7:30pm
Where: Whitefish Bay High School Auditorium, 1200 E. Fairmount Ave.
All tickets are general admission and available at the door.
Parker Waite, Brigid McBride, Kelsey Pfeifer, Jesse Stone, Marc Hunter,
Dani Wallace, Katie Bentley, Savannah Armstrong, Matthew Felland,
Braden Bjella, Meredith Head, Patrick Pfeifer, Rolands Lauzums, Matt Klein,
and Stella Mayerhoff
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Rookie Cigar Smoker: Here’s How NOT to Look Like One
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Storage Ideas for the Kitchen
- Concordia University to host community thought leaders series
- Phoenix weekly: Despite injury, Luke has no regrets
- Design Tech Remodeling Named NARI 2016 Regional CotY TM Winner
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Seniors Winter Pot Luck
- Appliance Gallery Offers Tips for Laundry Room Maintenance
- Wauwatosa Teen from Princeton University Chosen as Finalist for President Bill Clinton's Contest
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards more than $250,000 to reduce medication errors