A Friday night in the middle of winter in Almost, Maine, can get downright cold and snowy. Romances (some happy, some not so happy) seem as abundant as the stars. Whitefish Bay High School Drama Club’s fall play, Almost, Maine, shines the blue-white light of a New England night to create warmth in a desperately cold place. The nine brief episodes occur on the same night in the middle of a Maine winter around the mythical town of Almost. Their wistful charm, quirky humor and embracing sense of hopefulness give promise to all who have ever been in love (or almost).
Playwright John Cariani weaves these wonderful, interrelated stories together and creates a delightful look at relationships. The characters are likeable and a little foolish, but laughter wards off the sentimentality that could undo these stories.
Who: Whitefish Bay High School Drama Club
What: 2010 Fall Play “Almost, Maine” by John Cariani
When: Nov 11th, 12th, 13th 7:30pm
Where: Whitefish Bay High School Auditorium, 1200 E. Fairmount Ave.
All tickets are general admission and available at the door.
Parker Waite, Brigid McBride, Kelsey Pfeifer, Jesse Stone, Marc Hunter,
Dani Wallace, Katie Bentley, Savannah Armstrong, Matthew Felland,
Braden Bjella, Meredith Head, Patrick Pfeifer, Rolands Lauzums, Matt Klein,
and Stella Mayerhoff
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dominican Football team wins
- Village of Shorewood Hosts Second Annual Plein Air Festival
- Polish Harvest Festival
- FREE Pre-Concert Workshop
- River Hills resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- DHS Throws Disabled Under the Bus
- 10 Homework Tips for The School Year
- Dominican drops football opener
- Back to School Can be Tough for Students with Mental Health Challenges Rogers InHealth unveils new social media resources to help
- Dominican Football