A Friday night in the middle of winter in Almost, Maine, can get downright cold and snowy. Romances (some happy, some not so happy) seem as abundant as the stars. Whitefish Bay High School Drama Club’s fall play, Almost, Maine, shines the blue-white light of a New England night to create warmth in a desperately cold place. The nine brief episodes occur on the same night in the middle of a Maine winter around the mythical town of Almost. Their wistful charm, quirky humor and embracing sense of hopefulness give promise to all who have ever been in love (or almost).
Playwright John Cariani weaves these wonderful, interrelated stories together and creates a delightful look at relationships. The characters are likeable and a little foolish, but laughter wards off the sentimentality that could undo these stories.
Who: Whitefish Bay High School Drama Club
What: 2010 Fall Play “Almost, Maine” by John Cariani
When: Nov 11th, 12th, 13th 7:30pm
Where: Whitefish Bay High School Auditorium, 1200 E. Fairmount Ave.
All tickets are general admission and available at the door.
Parker Waite, Brigid McBride, Kelsey Pfeifer, Jesse Stone, Marc Hunter,
Dani Wallace, Katie Bentley, Savannah Armstrong, Matthew Felland,
Braden Bjella, Meredith Head, Patrick Pfeifer, Rolands Lauzums, Matt Klein,
and Stella Mayerhoff
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cecilia J. Hillard, PhD, Named Associate Dean for Research at MCW
- Diversified Insurance Solutions Awards SPARK Grant to Life's Connection
- Puzzles and Games that Exercise the Brain
- SUNSET PLAYHOUSE PRESENTS CROONER CHRIS MARIANI IN HAVE A COOL YULE
- Join us for the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll!
- ‘Tis the Season
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Explains Bathtub Materials
- “Let There Be Light!” with David HB Drake
- Glendale’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-foot Live Balsam Tree
- Lake Country Orchestra - Concert at OAC