Whitefish Bay resident Darren Goldstein has been named a 2010 Philanthropic 5 Award winner by United Way of Greater Milwaukee. Goldstein was honored for his outstanding philanthropic and volunteer commitments to Greater Milwaukee during an awards ceremony on Thursday, August 19 at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts.
The awards, created by United Way’s Emerging Leaders Council, recognize five community leaders, age 45 or under, who give, advocate and volunteer for change through Greater Milwaukee’s non-profit community.
Goldstein, a Partner at KPMG LLP, is committed to making a difference in the lives of children and serves on the boards of First Stage Children’s Theater and Jewish Beginnings Lubavitch Preschool. He also leads KPMG’s local INVOLVE council - a national community involvement program, is a founding member of FUEL Milwaukee’s Executive Council and serves on the Next Generation UPAF Council.
This year’s other Philanthropic 5 Award winners are: Nancy Hernandez, Owner, ABRAZO Multicultural Marketing & Communication; Darryl Morin, President and CEO, Advanced Wireless; Abby Ramirez, Executive Director, Schools That Can Milwaukee; and Dan Tranchita, Managing Director and Senior Portfolio Manager, Robert W. Baird & Co.
- Whitefish Bay Community Band Concert Wednesday June 29, 7:00pm at Klode Park
- Whitefish Bay resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with nutrition education project
- Glendale's Fourth of July Community Celebration
- Local Soccer Player to Be Honored by Chicago MLS
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - Know Your Leaf
- M Design Build welcomes Terry Perschbacher
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- Lake Geneva Mail Boat Tour and Luncheon
- “A Sailor’s Songbag” with David HB Drake
- CIGAR NETWORKERS OF MILWAUKEE PRESENTS SMOKE ON THE WATER