Whitnall boys basketball player William Pelkofer is on the verge of a career milestone.
Pelkofer scored 21 points in the Falcons' 60-31 home win over Greendale on Friday. He had 24 in his team's 64-41 nonconference win at Big Foot on Monday and now has 981 career points, according to the JSOnline database.
Barring injury, the four-year varsity guard could reach 1,000 points when the Falcons host Whitefish Bay Dominican at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Pelkofer is averaging 23.8 points per game.
Pelkofer is the only boys player in the NOW coverage area expected to top 1,000 career points this season.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Shorts: May 21
- Homestead has just enough depth to pull away for fifth North Shore tennis title
- Cooperation helped Whitefish Bay softball tourney work despite weather
- Veteran Shorewood netters claim Woodland dual meet crown
- Sports wraps: May 15
- Shorewood thinclads combine for eight firsts in Woodland Outdoor track
- NSC tennis race too close to call as tourney looms this weekend
- Fourth-ranked Bay kickers still looking for that perfect game
- Germantown softball team edges Bay, 1-0, to improve to 11-0 in NSC
- OUR TAKE