Behind the one-two individual finish of Molly Barron and Leslie Fuda, the Whitefish Bay/Shorewood girls golf team opened its season well by winning the 11-school Mukwonago Invite on Aug. 18.
Bay/Shorewood, which advanced to the state tournament in 2007, turned in an 18-hole team score of 362 to claim its title as the host Indians were second with 378 and Oconomowoc was third with 397.
Barron earned individual medalist honors with an 83 while Fuda carded an 86. Other scores for the locals included Maddie Mittlestadt (93), Keeley Wallis (100) and Katherine Matkom (103).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer boys tower over Shorewood in earning key league win
- Dixon's big rally key in Whitefish Bay wrestlers win over Germantown
- Novak family has made an impression on Eimers
- Shorewood girls spoil opening night for Brown Deer's new court
- Sports Wrapups: Dec. 8
- Dixon's rally keys Bay wrestling team's 41-33 win over Germantown
- Sports Wraps: Dec. 3
- Bay earns three All-Suburban football honors
- West girls beat Dominican, 38-36
- Sports Wrapups: Nov. 26