Senior Bryce Bowen scored two touchdowns, returning both a blocked punt and an interception back for scores leading the Nicolet Knights (1-0) over Waukesha South (0-1) in the 2011 football opener, 41-28. The victory gave new head coach Brad Kozaczuk a double shower in cooler water and avenged last year's opening night overtime loss to the Blackshirts.
Knights quarterback Brandon Kappell, a senior, was 5 for 9 in the air for 51 yards and a touchdown to go along with a 20-yard touchdown run that opened the scoring. Waukesha South also scored on the first drive when sophomore Isaish Pitchford scored on a 12-yard run to even the game at 7-7. From there Nicolet took control, leading 21-7 at the half after Bowen's first score.
Senior Corey Broussard ran for 205 yards on 24 carries and three touchdowns for Waukesha South. For the Knights, it was junior Treland Jenkins leading the way with 133 yards and a touchdown on just 8 carries
- Senior-laden Whitefish Bay baseball team in hunt for NSC crown
- Track and field: Tactically smart Davre wins two more state track titles
- Davre, Jackson look to lift Whitefish Bay to state track heights
- Davre lives up to hype, claims two state titles
- Whitefish Bay boys track team makes history with first North Shore Conference title
- 'TietjStrong' football tourney at Bay a success on many levels
- Touch football tourney to honor Whitefish Bay's Tietjen
- Whitefish Bay, Nicolet softball teams learn things at own tourney
- Whitefish Bay girls track team uses surprising depth to win NSC track relays
- Whitefish Bay netters win Waukesha South tourney