Senior Bryce Bowen scored two touchdowns, returning both a blocked punt and an interception back for scores leading the Nicolet Knights (1-0) over Waukesha South (0-1) in the 2011 football opener, 41-28. The victory gave new head coach Brad Kozaczuk a double shower in cooler water and avenged last year's opening night overtime loss to the Blackshirts.
Knights quarterback Brandon Kappell, a senior, was 5 for 9 in the air for 51 yards and a touchdown to go along with a 20-yard touchdown run that opened the scoring. Waukesha South also scored on the first drive when sophomore Isaish Pitchford scored on a 12-yard run to even the game at 7-7. From there Nicolet took control, leading 21-7 at the half after Bowen's first score.
Senior Corey Broussard ran for 205 yards on 24 carries and three touchdowns for Waukesha South. For the Knights, it was junior Treland Jenkins leading the way with 133 yards and a touchdown on just 8 carries
- Whitefish Bay baseball team ends Shorewood magic with regional win
- Baseball: West Bend West's Burns beats Whitefish Bay baseball team on mound, at plate in sectional
- Baseball: Whitefish Bay baseball team wins regioinal title over Shorewood, 9-3
- Baseball : Whitefish Bay baseball team advances with 4-0 win over Brown Deer
- Whitefish Bay baseball team sarts to find direction in win over Nicolet
- Whitefish Bay All-Suburban choice Koehn led Bay softball team this season
- Whitefish Bay hires new hockey, volleyball coaches
- Whitefish Bay baseball team looking for consistency
- Whitefish Bay baseball team bounces back with win over Nicolet
- Thomas and big bats lead Germantown baseball team over Bay, 6-1