The Whitefish Bay baseball team made easy work of Sheboygan Falls in the WIAA summer baseball state quarterfinal Thursday afternoon at Bukolt Park in Stevens Point, advancing the semifinals this evening against either West Bend West or West Salem.
Bay notched a 9-2 win, winning in its first state appearance since 2002. The Blue Dukes (18-13) broke a 2-2 tie in the third inning with a five-run inning, including back-to-back doubles by Garrett DeMuth and Justin Alt to drive in runs.
Jack Fagan picked up the winning, allowing five hits in seven innings.
- Whitefish Bay netters win Waukesha South tourney
- Soccer rivalry heats up on cold night as Nicolet and Bay girls tie, 1-1
- Whitefish Bay Hall of Fame class full of trendsetters
- Whitefish Bay selects Jason Kasmarick as its new high school activities director
- Whitefish Bay boys show depth in winning NSC track indoor
- Antetokounmpo led Dominican boys to fifth straight state title
- 'This was a special day': Dominican boys basketball team makes history
- Dominican boys basketball team makes history with fifth title
- Whitefish Bay boys basketball team comes up short in bid for state tourney
- Boys basketball: Dominican grinds past Howards Grove, makes familiar pilgrimage to state