The Whitefish Bay baseball team made easy work of Sheboygan Falls in the WIAA summer baseball state quarterfinal Thursday afternoon at Bukolt Park in Stevens Point, advancing the semifinals this evening against either West Bend West or West Salem.
Bay notched a 9-2 win, winning in its first state appearance since 2002. The Blue Dukes (18-13) broke a 2-2 tie in the third inning with a five-run inning, including back-to-back doubles by Garrett DeMuth and Justin Alt to drive in runs.
Jack Fagan picked up the winning, allowing five hits in seven innings.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: With Tietjen watching, Whitefish Bay downs Brookfield Central
- Still there in spirit, Whitefish Bay's Jim Tietjen battles brain cancer
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: Whitefish Bay Blue Dukes
- Germantown's Christian, Whitefish Bay's Stefanski make being a sportswriter fun
- Whitefish Bay baseball team gains confidence this season
- Whitefish Bay baseball team comes up just short of Falls in regional thriller
- Baseball: Gile rescues Falls again in 4-3 regional win over Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay baseball team rides its pitching heading into WIAA tourney
- Controversial walk gives Whitefish Bay '9' win over Homestead
- Whitefish Bay baseball team remains hot, earns sixth seed in tourney