The Whitefish Bay baseball team made easy work of Sheboygan Falls in the WIAA summer baseball state quarterfinal Thursday afternoon at Bukolt Park in Stevens Point, advancing the semifinals this evening against either West Bend West or West Salem.
Bay notched a 9-2 win, winning in its first state appearance since 2002. The Blue Dukes (18-13) broke a 2-2 tie in the third inning with a five-run inning, including back-to-back doubles by Garrett DeMuth and Justin Alt to drive in runs.
Jack Fagan picked up the winning, allowing five hits in seven innings.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer boys tower over Shorewood in earning key league win
- Dixon's big rally key in Whitefish Bay wrestlers win over Germantown
- Novak family has made an impression on Eimers
- Shorewood girls spoil opening night for Brown Deer's new court
- Sports Wrapups: Dec. 8
- Dixon's rally keys Bay wrestling team's 41-33 win over Germantown
- Sports Wraps: Dec. 3
- Bay earns three All-Suburban football honors
- West girls beat Dominican, 38-36
- Sports Wrapups: Nov. 26