The Whitefish Bay baseball team made easy work of Sheboygan Falls in the WIAA summer baseball state quarterfinal Thursday afternoon at Bukolt Park in Stevens Point, advancing the semifinals this evening against either West Bend West or West Salem.
Bay notched a 9-2 win, winning in its first state appearance since 2002. The Blue Dukes (18-13) broke a 2-2 tie in the third inning with a five-run inning, including back-to-back doubles by Garrett DeMuth and Justin Alt to drive in runs.
Jack Fagan picked up the winning, allowing five hits in seven innings.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Likable Homestead baseball team stuns Bay for state berth
- Homestead baseball team stuns Bay, 10-4, to earn state berth
- Bay baseball team regains momentum, looks for state berth
- Whitefish Bay celebrates holiday with first North Shore baseball title
- Germantown's Finger blanks North Shore baseball champ Bay, 2-0
- Flint and Lauko led Whitefish Bay softball team to best season ever
- Bay pitching keeps Blue Dukes in North Shore baseball lead
- Bay baseball team motivated and on top of North Shore
- DeMuth's home run lifts Bay baseball team to 2-1 win over Germantown
- Boys tennis: Catholic Memorial duo cruises to Division 2 state doubles title