Whitefish Bay — Effective July 1, current Curriculum and Instruction Director Laura Myrah will serve as interim superintendent, according to a district news release.
Myrah will take over for outgoing superintendent Mary Gavigan, who announced last week she has accepted the position of executive director at the southeastern Wisconsin branch of the Cooperative Educational Service Agency. Myrah was very nearly chosen to become the new superintendent of the nearby Fox Point-Bayside School District, making the shortlist of three finalists.
Myrah has been the curriculum and instruction director for four years now, previously serving as an elementary school principal in the Elmbrook School District and West Bend Joint School District, and a gifted and talented coordinator and middle school teacher in the Port Washington-Saukville School District.
"Ms. Myrah's rich background in educational research and effective practice, her passion for students and learning, and her demonstrated leadership within our district will help the School District of Whitefish Bay move forward consistent with its area of focus and statewide initiatives," School Board President Pam Woodward said in the release.
"I look forward to building on my existing relationship with students, staff, parents and community members to not only continue our tradition of excellence but to enhance and expand it," Myrah said in the release. "I am enthused and proud to serve our district as Interim Superintendent."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- Whitefish Bay leads state in ACT scores
- Tennis courts receive another $60K in district funding
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- Whitefish Bay sets sex offender limits
- No refunds on Whitefish Bay assessments
- North Shore Police Reports: August 7, 2014