Whitefish Bay — Effective July 1, current Curriculum and Instruction Director Laura Myrah will serve as interim superintendent, according to a district news release.
Myrah will take over for outgoing superintendent Mary Gavigan, who announced last week she has accepted the position of executive director at the southeastern Wisconsin branch of the Cooperative Educational Service Agency. Myrah was very nearly chosen to become the new superintendent of the nearby Fox Point-Bayside School District, making the shortlist of three finalists.
Myrah has been the curriculum and instruction director for four years now, previously serving as an elementary school principal in the Elmbrook School District and West Bend Joint School District, and a gifted and talented coordinator and middle school teacher in the Port Washington-Saukville School District.
"Ms. Myrah's rich background in educational research and effective practice, her passion for students and learning, and her demonstrated leadership within our district will help the School District of Whitefish Bay move forward consistent with its area of focus and statewide initiatives," School Board President Pam Woodward said in the release.
"I look forward to building on my existing relationship with students, staff, parents and community members to not only continue our tradition of excellence but to enhance and expand it," Myrah said in the release. "I am enthused and proud to serve our district as Interim Superintendent."
- After extensive cancer treatment, Whitefish Bay mom finds new purpose in ice pops (1)
- Whitefish Bay entrepreneur wants to revolutionize school fundraisers
- Whitefish Bay's 28 minutes of fame is 'Around the Corner' (2)
- Whitefish Bay's first ice cream social of the season is June 15 (1)
- Whitefish Bay Community Band sets summer schedule
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay
- Villages taking precaution with lead service laterals
- Whitefish Bay hosts eco-friendly 'Green Day' event
- Dominican HS grad Kevin Brauer repurposes old clothing with Upties business
- Whitefish Bay restaurant Moxie to open in late summer