1A woman was arrested for refusing a blood draw, failure to have insurance and driving after suspension after a two-car accident in the 500 block of West Brown Deer Road at 7:43 a.m. Sept. 26. A strong odor of marijuana was in the car and the woman admitted smoking the drug days before but not on this day. She refused a blood draw and a Milwaukee County assistant DA said a warrant would not be issued. The driver, who complained of back pain, and her two passengers were taken to a hospital.
2A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for disorderly conduct and damage to property after shooting a BB gun damaging siding and a window in the 6500 block of West Goodrich Lane at 2:30 p.m. Sept. 7. The resident had invited the man over to tell him their relationship was over. He became angry and left. It was then she heard what sounded like hail stones hitting the home and discovered it was him with a BB gun and she called police.
3DJ equipment including turntables, speakers and amplifiers and lawn equipment including leaf blowers and trimmers valued at more than $7,000 were taken from a trailer in the 5900 block of West Donna Drive on Sept. 12 or 13.
4A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for possession of 1.1 grams of marijuana as he sat in a car with three others behind the car wash, 8300 N. Teutonia Ave., at 11:30 p.m. Sept. 14. The marijuana was outside the car and the man admitted it was his saying he intended to smoke it until police arrived and then threw it away.
5A battery was taken from a car in the 8700 block of North 68th Street on Sept. 16 or 17.
· Two females using counterfeit $100 and $50 bills "purchased" items valued at $1,281 paying with the fake bills and getting change of about $100 at TJ Maxx, at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 16. The fake bills were reported Sept. 17.
· Residents reported cars entered, some with damage of $250, in the following blocks: three cars entered, nothing taken at Brown Deer High School, 8060 N. 60th St., before 1 p.m. Sept. 20; a purse and contents valued at $150, 6500 West Brown Deer Road on Sept. 22; nothing taken, 8100 North 65th Street and the 8400 of North 66th Street on Sept. 22 or 23; a bicycle, value not listed, from a garage and two cars entered in the 6000 block of West Arch Avenue on Sept. 22 or 23.
· A Brown Deer man, age not released, was arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence related after his wife said he threatened to hit her when she asked him to help with the children while he was watching a football game at 9 p.m. Sept. 19. The man denied the allegations.
· A Brown Deer woman, age not released, was arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence related after she shoved a relative and then threatened that relative's husband at 7 a.m. Sept. 20.
6A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving, with two prior convictions, refusal to take a breath test and hit and run in the 4800 block of West Brown Deer Road at 5:15 p.m. Sept. 20. The man was located a few blocks away and admitted he was "over the limit." He refused the blood draw so a warrant was issued and he was taken for a blood draw.
· A Brown Deer woman, age not released, was arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence related after a third party called to report "family trouble" at 7 p.m. Sept. 21. The woman, who was intoxicated, threw shot glasses breaking them and then "charged" a man while holding a ceramic soap dispenser.
· A Brown Deer woman, age not released, was arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence related and possession of drug paraphernalia after a report of her being out of control breaking items in the home at 2:30 a.m. Sept. 22. The woman who was intoxicated kicked in a door and punched her boyfriend saying he hit her first but a witness said the man never hit her. The woman insisted taking her purse while being booked and at the station it was searched and inside was a red tube used to inhale narcotics and a silver pipe with marijuana residue.
7A Milwaukee male, age not released, was arrested for theft of a smartphone left in a booth at Jose's Blue Sombrero, 8617 N. Port Washington Road, about 8:30 p.m. Sept. 23. The phone was traced to his home in the 7200 block of Marine Drive later that night. The man, who spoke very little English, admitted finding the phone and taking it home.
8A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia, violation of parole and theft of four bottles of gin valued at $88 from CVS Pharmacy, 8661 N. Port Washington Road, at 9 p.m. Sept. 23. She fled the store with the liquor and got into a car which was stopped in the 400 block of West Calumet Road. The driver, a male, age and residence not released, was arrested for driving while impaired, with three prior convictions, driving with a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. The female said she took the liquor to sell to buy drugs because she hadn't had any alcohol "for over 20 years." A glass pipe with cocaine residue, a syringe and a metal object with residue were found in the car.
9Two females were seen putting bras later estimated to be 20 or more valued at $1,100 into a shopping bag and leaving Victoria's Secret, 5701 N. Centerpark Way, at 3 p.m. Sept. 19. The females were in their early 20s.
10A woman is a suspect in a fraud in July at BMO Harris Bank, 221 W. Silver Spring Drive, on Sept. 12. The woman deposited checks over a few weeks in July and then withdrew $2,700 before the checks were discovered to be worthless.
11A digital media valued at $500 was taken from a car in the 3000 block of West Good Hope Road and some change from a car in the 1700 block of West Florist Avenue on Sept. 19 or 20. Damage to each car was about $250.
12Two cars were entered and a laptop and a briefcase valued at $2,100 were taken from one and nothing from the other at Cardinal Stritch University, 6801 N. Yates Road, late afternoon Sept. 21.
13An ID theft was reported at Kay Jewelers, 5758 N. Bayshore Drive, on Sept. 20. On July 18, after one person was denied credit, another with identification was accepted and the two made a $4,200 purchase. When payment was not received, the man given credit was called and the store was told he had not made any purchase. It was then discovered someone had stolen his ID.
·A 51-year-old Glendale man was arrested for physical abuse of a child after he was reported to have yelled, pushed and choked a child at 12:30 a.m. Sept. 21. The man left the residence but was found later that day sleeping in his car.
14A 58-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for drunken driving after she hit a car while attempting to park at Walgreens, 5400 N. Port Washington Road, at 9:15 a.m. Sept. 22. Her BAC was 0.19.
15An employee's purse with a $200 cellphone and keys valued at $50 was taken from a cabinet at Big Daddy's, 5800 N. Bayshore Drive, during the day Sept. 22.
16A 22-year-old woman, residence not released, was arrested for theft of jewelry valued at more than $400 at Boston Store, 5701 N. Lydell Ave., at 5:10 p.m. Sept. 22. The woman took the jewelry into a fitting room and then left the store without paying.
17Air-conditioner unit components including copper piping were taken from the rear of businesses in the 2500 block of West Silver Spring Drive sometime Sept. 19 to 23. Loss was estimated from $1,000 to $1,500.
18An electronic tablet valued at $300 was taken from a car at the Residence Inn, 7275 N. Port Washington Road, during the day Sept. 23. Damage to a window was $250.
19Two laptops and a 32-inch TV, value not available, were taken during a burglary in the 500 block of West Marne Avenue sometime 5:30 p.m. to 12 a.m. Sept. 23. Entry was gained through a kitchen window.
20A digital media player, headphones and a backpack valued at $280 were taken from a car in the 400 block of West River Woods Parkway during the day Sept. 24. Damage to a window was $250.
No reportable incidents this week.
21Three juveniles, ages and residences not released, were arrested for disorderly conduct and battery Sept. 21 after a report of a large number of juveniles fighting in the street after a Shorewood High School football game in the 1300 block of East Capitol Drive at 10:30 p.m. Sept. 20.
22A men's hybrid bicycle valued at $190 was taken from an apartment garage in the 800 block of East Kensington Boulevard on Sept. 21 or 22 and reported Sept. 24
23Four boys, ages and residences not released, were arrested for disorderly conduct/trespassing after a report of them going onto private property, going over a fence and then climbing onto the roof of the Shorewood DPW building, 3801 N. Morris Blvd., at 4:30 p.m. Sept. 24.
24A bicycle valued at $400 was taken from a closed but unlocked garage in the 1900 block of East Olive Street overnight Sept. 24 and 25.
25A bicycle valued at $300 was taken from a bike rack outside Shorewood High School, 1701 E. Capitol Drive, sometime Sept. 25.
26A female identifying herself as calling from a doctor's office ordered three prescriptions giving a name of a woman at Thompson's Serv-U Pharmacy, 1421 E. Capitol Drive, on Sept. 25. A pharmacist checked with the doctor and was told the prescriptions were fraudulent. Two males came to pick up the prescriptions and left quickly when told they were fraudulent.
· Cars were entered but nothing reported taken in the 2000 block of East Beverly Road and the 2100 block of East Newton, 3500 block of North Maryland and 3900 block of North Frederick avenues Sept. 25 or 26.
27Two males, ages and residences not released, were arrested for underage drinking when one was seen falling out of a parked car in the 5000 block of North Woodruff Street at 8:10 p.m. Sept. 21. They were released to their parents.
28A resident reported seeing a white male, about 25, wearing a gray hooded shirt attempting to force open the back door in the 4600 block of North Lake Drive at 12:15 a.m. Sept. 22. The man fled when the resident pounded on a window.
29A boy, age and residence not released, was arrested for theft of a bicycle taken from Whitefish Bay High School, 1200 E. Fairmount Ave., about 3:30 p.m. Sept. 23. The theft was caught on surveillance video and the boy was found at his residence, with a 53217 zip code, at 4:50 p.m. It was then he was also arrested on two more counts of theft for taking bicycles from the 4900 block of North Anita and North Shoreland avenues. When those thefts occurred was not listed.
30A male, age and residence not released, was arrested for theft of a $400 21-speed bicycle taken from Whitefish Bay Middle School, 1144 E. Henry Clay St., sometime Sept. 19 to Sept. 22. The male was arrested when the bike was found at the high school, 1200 E. Fairmount Ave. at 3:40 p.m. Sept. 25.
31Items valued at more than $3,000 including a purse, watches, necklaces and other jewelry were taken during a burglary in the 5500 block of North Kent Avenue between 4 and 9 p.m. Sept. 24. A screen was removed and entry was gained through an unlocked window at the back of the residence.
32Two TVs, a 46-inch and a 48-inch, value not listed, were taken during a burglary in the 4500 block of North Cramer Street between 7 a.m. Sept. 27 and 8 a.m. Sept. 27. Entry was gained trough a rear patio door window.
NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT
· Firefighters responded to 124 calls, 84 emergency medical and 40 fire/rescue, Sept. 23 to Sept. 29.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 21, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 14, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 7, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Dec. 31, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Dec. 24, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Dec. 17, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Dec. 10, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Dec. 3, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 5, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 29, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Oct. 15, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 8, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 1, 2015