With another School Board election approaching, I would like to explain why Mequon-Thiensville is very fortunate that Wendy Francour wants to play ball with us.
I served alongside Wendy in PTA leadership and always admired her follow-through, her leadership, her ability to find consensus, her tact in difficult situations. She is rock solid.
Yet when I read through her campaign materials, the length and breadth of her work in our community really hit me. I believe she is the equivalent of a first round draft pick and here's why.
Wendy has served on multiple task forces in our community, including the task force that studied whether to close Range Line School, her daughter's alma mater. Wendy was part of the team that made the fiscally sound, emotionally difficult recommendation to close the school.
As president of the PTA of Lake Shore Middle School, Wendy recognized that middle school students need healthy social outlets and she initiated an after school program that continues today. Her daughter is grown, and still Wendy is planning safe, fun, alcohol-free activities for middle school students, this time through Elite Fitness.
Wendy manages all this while also pursuing a career. Lucky for us, Wendy enjoys volunteering in her spare time to maintain our strong schools. In her words, Wendy says, "I don't have a child in the district anymore. Yet it continues to matter."
Overall, her talent is so amply demonstrated and her interest is so genuine that she is like a number one draft pick where everyone can agree that yes, Wendy Francour is qualified and yes, the Mequon-Thiensville School Board is exactly where she belongs.
The questions isn't "Why vote for Wendy Francour?" but "Where do we line-up to vote for Wendy Francour?"
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay
- Villages taking precaution with lead service laterals
- Whitefish Bay hosts eco-friendly 'Green Day' event
- Dominican HS grad Kevin Brauer repurposes old clothing with Upties business
- Whitefish Bay restaurant Moxie to open in late summer
- Whitefish Bay ranked top high school in Wisconsin
- Whitefish Bay police arrest two burglars
- The Navy Knot brings prep to Whitefish Bay
- Three men charged in car thefts in Shorewood, Whitefish Bay
- Flotation therapy coming to Whitefish Bay