Mequon will host a special election in September to fill the vacant District 1 aldermanic seat on the Common Council, city officials decided Tuesday.
The seat was left vacant after Mayor Dan Abendroth won both seats in the April election and he chose the mayoral position. The special election for District 1 residents will be held Sept. 10. If there are more than two candidates in the running, a primary election will be held Aug. 13.
A special meeting was called Tuesday after the Mequon Common Council had previously failed to select a candidate by the required five-vote majority.
The election will cost the city $2,765. That cost will double if there is a primary.
- Whitefish Bay restaurant Moxie to open in late summer
- Whitefish Bay ranked top high school in Wisconsin
- Whitefish Bay police arrest two burglars
- The Navy Knot brings prep to Whitefish Bay
- Three men charged in car thefts in Shorewood, Whitefish Bay
- Flotation therapy coming to Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay targets basement backups
- Whitefish Bay remembers former village president Patrick Matthews
- Whitefish Bay set to catch some 'Greased Lightning'
- St. Monica Parish hosts first "wine and art" winter social