Mequon will host a special election in September to fill the vacant District 1 aldermanic seat on the Common Council, city officials decided Tuesday.
The seat was left vacant after Mayor Dan Abendroth won both seats in the April election and he chose the mayoral position. The special election for District 1 residents will be held Sept. 10. If there are more than two candidates in the running, a primary election will be held Aug. 13.
A special meeting was called Tuesday after the Mequon Common Council had previously failed to select a candidate by the required five-vote majority.
The election will cost the city $2,765. That cost will double if there is a primary.
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay
- Villages taking precaution with lead service laterals
- Whitefish Bay hosts eco-friendly 'Green Day' event
- Dominican HS grad Kevin Brauer repurposes old clothing with Upties business
- Whitefish Bay restaurant Moxie to open in late summer
- Whitefish Bay ranked top high school in Wisconsin
- Whitefish Bay police arrest two burglars
- The Navy Knot brings prep to Whitefish Bay
- Three men charged in car thefts in Shorewood, Whitefish Bay
- Flotation therapy coming to Whitefish Bay