Whitefish Bay - Bay will kick off the holiday season Friday with the lights, sights and sounds of its annual Holiday Stroll along Silver Spring Drive.
Beginning at 6 p.m. with a parade eastbound along Silver Spring from Kent Avenue to Marlborough Drive, the evening includes a tree lighting ceremony, food, music, entertainment, and of course, holiday deals.
Once again, fully-costumed dancers from the Milwaukee Ballet School will act out live scenes of the holiday favorite ballet "The Nutcracker" in shop windows along Silver Spring.
"The Holiday Stroll is an incredible tradition," John Stuhlmacher of the Whitefish Bay Business Improvement District said in a news release. "Our shops put out their best and our streets are filled with spirit. It's a wonderful way to start the season."
In a nod to first responders in the North Shore and those affected by Hurricane Sandy, Chief Robert Whitaker of the North Shore Fire Department will lead the annual holiday parade.
While children are taking pony or train rides, or visiting with Santa and his reindeer, their parents can partake in complimentary treats, promotions and deals, courtesy of a number of businesses along Silver Spring.
- Michael Meidenbauer
IF YOU GO
What: Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll
When: Friday, beginning at 6 p.m. with parade (deals are all day)
Where: Whitefish Bay shopping district along Silver Spring Drive
More information: For details on the Holiday Stroll, deals and promotions: shopwhitefishbay.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay heroin overdose leads to arrests
- Memorial Day events set in the North Shore suburbs
- MJDS students imagine a harder life in Africa
- Wauwatosa alderman apologizes for using social media during meeting
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- Winter's not through with us yet
- Whitefish Bay proud of hometown boy Craig Counsell
- North Shore Police Reports: May 7, 2015