What’s Poppin’, which has sold popcorn, fudge, cotton candy and other treats in Whitefish at the Great Pumpkin Festival and Fourth of July celebration, soon will open a restaurant in the village.
The restaurant likely will open at the end of January at 404 E. Silver Spring Drive in the former quarters of the Ciao Café. The Plan Commission on Dec. 16 approved a conditional-use permit.
Whitefish Bay native Bret Eulberg owns What's Poppin' along with his wife, Marie.
In addition to soups and subs, What's Poppin' will offer 40 flavors of popcorn plus soft-serve ice cream or custard, fudge and other treats seven days a week. The commission granted the restaurant hours from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., but it may not be open that long.
The restaurant owners plan to ask for a permit for outdoor seating.
Eulberg will continue to operate the What's Poppin' manufacturing location on Teutonia Avenue. Gift baskets and other products used for fundraisers are made there. He also operated a What's Poppin' restaurant in the Cedar Creek Settlement in Cedarburg from the early 1990s until 2001.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll coming on Friday
- New Whitefish Bay student group 'gives back' to those in need
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 26, 2015
- Rumage Around: Getting to know you, my readers
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 19, 2015
- Oak Leaf Trail extension links Milwaukee to Ozaukee County
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 12, 2015
- Former Whitefish Bay resident returns to discuss her new novel
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 5, 2015
- Sendik's rolls out online grocery shopping service