What’s Poppin’, which has sold popcorn, fudge, cotton candy and other treats in Whitefish at the Great Pumpkin Festival and Fourth of July celebration, soon will open a restaurant in the village.
The restaurant likely will open at the end of January at 404 E. Silver Spring Drive in the former quarters of the Ciao Café. The Plan Commission on Dec. 16 approved a conditional-use permit.
Whitefish Bay native Bret Eulberg owns What's Poppin' along with his wife, Marie.
In addition to soups and subs, What's Poppin' will offer 40 flavors of popcorn plus soft-serve ice cream or custard, fudge and other treats seven days a week. The commission granted the restaurant hours from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., but it may not be open that long.
The restaurant owners plan to ask for a permit for outdoor seating.
Eulberg will continue to operate the What's Poppin' manufacturing location on Teutonia Avenue. Gift baskets and other products used for fundraisers are made there. He also operated a What's Poppin' restaurant in the Cedar Creek Settlement in Cedarburg from the early 1990s until 2001.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tennis courts receive another $60K in district funding
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- Whitefish Bay sets sex offender limits
- No refunds on Whitefish Bay assessments
- Preserving our Past: The 2010 Flood
- Whitefish Bay class ring returns home from Japan
- Whitefish Bay home leads to NARI award
- Graduation walk a symbolic step
- Pesticide use concerns arise in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay gay couple second in Milwaukee County to attain marriage license