Deadlines for entry in eight contests for Wisconsin writers are January 31, 2009 (postmark). The Council for Wisconsin Writers invites submissions of writing published in 2008 by Wisconsin authors in the following categories: books of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry; short fiction and nonfiction; children's literature; outdoor writing; and a set of five individual poems.
Awards of $500 and a weeklong residency at Edenfred, in Madison, are made in each category. Entry fee is $15.00; out-of-state judges will make the selections. Postmark deadline for entry is January 31, 2009. Writers must be residents of Wisconsin.
CWW also sponsors, for the first time, the Essay Award for Young Writers (1500 word maximum) for high school student writers; there is no entry fee, and the award is $150. Members of the board will judge. Deadline for the student essay contest is Dec. 31, 2008.
Nominations are also open for the $1000 Major Achievement Award, recognizing a Wisconsin writer for work of outstanding merit.
Entry forms and additional information are available on the website, www.wisconsinwriters.org, or by writing contest co-chair Marilyn L. Taylor, 2825 E. Newport Ave., Milwaukee 53211, indicating the contest categories needed.
CWW is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting Wisconsin's literary heritage and writers.
Edenfred, established in 2004, is a part of the Terry Family Foundation, a non-profit charitable organization.
- Celebrate Memorial Day in the North Shore region
- North Shore Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- Overturned truck closes I-43 at Brown Deer Road (UPDATED)
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay
- Top beer gardens in the North Shore suburbs
- North Shore Police Reports: May 19, 2016
- Villages taking precaution with lead service laterals
- Traffic accident closes lane of I-43 northbound Friday afternoon
- The Cheel in Thiensville champions Nepal relief
- North Shore Police Reports, May 12, 2016