Deadlines for entry in eight contests for Wisconsin writers are January 31, 2009 (postmark). The Council for Wisconsin Writers invites submissions of writing published in 2008 by Wisconsin authors in the following categories: books of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry; short fiction and nonfiction; children's literature; outdoor writing; and a set of five individual poems.
Awards of $500 and a weeklong residency at Edenfred, in Madison, are made in each category. Entry fee is $15.00; out-of-state judges will make the selections. Postmark deadline for entry is January 31, 2009. Writers must be residents of Wisconsin.
CWW also sponsors, for the first time, the Essay Award for Young Writers (1500 word maximum) for high school student writers; there is no entry fee, and the award is $150. Members of the board will judge. Deadline for the student essay contest is Dec. 31, 2008.
Nominations are also open for the $1000 Major Achievement Award, recognizing a Wisconsin writer for work of outstanding merit.
Entry forms and additional information are available on the website, www.wisconsinwriters.org, or by writing contest co-chair Marilyn L. Taylor, 2825 E. Newport Ave., Milwaukee 53211, indicating the contest categories needed.
CWW is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting Wisconsin's literary heritage and writers.
Edenfred, established in 2004, is a part of the Terry Family Foundation, a non-profit charitable organization.
- North Shore Police Reports: June 30, 2016
- After extensive cancer treatment, Whitefish Bay mom finds new purpose in ice pops (1)
- Whitefish Bay entrepreneur wants to revolutionize school fundraisers
- North Shore Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, June 16, 2016
- Whitefish Bay's 28 minutes of fame is 'Around the Corner' (2)
- North Shore locals will be on June 11 Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
- Ballots fill up for fall elections
- Whitefish Bay's first ice cream social of the season is June 15 (1)
- North Shore Police Reports, June 9, 2016