In the middle of her first year as principal of Holy Family School, Angela Little is enjoying the enthusiasm of the school families who throw their support behind the school.
"The involvement of families is very exciting and fun for me," Little said last week.
She came to Holy Family, 4849 N. Wildwood Ave., Whitefish Bay, after serving four years as principal at St. Kilian Catholic School, in Hartford, a school about the same size as Holy Family. She succeeds Janice Stauske, who was principal of Holy Family for five years.
Little said she is happy to be at Holy Family.
"This is a wonderful community and we have an absolutely fabulous staff that makes sure students are successful," she said.
Little was with the Milwaukee Public Schools for seven years, teaching first and fifth grade before earning a master's degree in educational administration from Cardinal Stritch University and becoming principal of St. Kilian. She holds a bachelor's degree in teaching from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
In addition to her regular duties at Holy Family, Little has helped with the service projects at the school, including the peanut butter and jelly drive for America's Second Harvest of Wisconsin food pantry, a Thanksgiving food drive for the House of Peace and a collection during Advent of mittens and hats for needy MPS children.
Little and her husband live in Brown Deer and are the parents of a 2-year-old boy.
New Holy Family Principal Angela Little has improved the school's Web site, hfparishschool.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Judge dismisses lawsuit against Whitefish Bay schools
- Interactive North Shore school tax roundup: who's up and who's down in 2015
- Governor's race draws strong turnout on North Shore
- Whitefish Bay couple challenges conventions with hybrid theater company
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 23 Voter's Guide
- Brothers pave patio, walkway for veterans in Shorewood
- Cahill neighbors call foul on new field
- Preserving our Past: The Harry and Ada Levine Residence
- Whitefish Bay teachers union was scammed by former treasurer
- Whitefish Bay puckers up for school fundraising drive