Brown Deer - In addition to planned repaving of Dean Road between North 55 Street and Teutonia Avenue, village officials are considering sidewalks as well.
Officials from the village and school district presented four possible options for sidewalk additions tonight in a public information meet, which ranged from no sidewalk additions to a sidewalk on the south side of Dean Road that would stretch from 55 Street and Teutonia Avenue.
The segment of Dean Road in question is a common route for pedestrians and students, according to city officials, many of whom have to walk on Dean Road itself and the frontage roads next to it. The village has worked with the school district to apply for a federal Safe Routes to School grant of approximately $217,000, which would offset the cost of the additional sidewalk. If the village secures the grant, the net cost of the most expensive sidewalk addition would be less than the cost of the project if no sidewalks were added and no grant received.
Village Manager Russell Van Gompel said that the village is open to feedback through August, when recipients of the grants are announced.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitefish Bay hires John Edlebeck as public works director
- Whitefish Bay cop Straub to run marathon in full uniform
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 12, 2015
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- Student radio station gets fuzzy reception in Whitefish Bay
- North Shore Police Reports: March 5, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 19, 2015